Hey these are for SPLITZ.....his gun wish it was mine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Splitz, hope this is what you wanted.....I will let you do the talking....RR.

Splitz.jpg

splitz5.jpg

splitz6-1.jpg

splitz4-1.jpg

splitz3.jpg

splitz2-1.jpg

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS, ROD. :wink: I AM TECHNICALLY CHALLENGED, FOR SURE!

Second, Thanks to each of you for your kind and encouraging words. Here's the history, as I know and have been advised..........

The pictured gun was commisoned by the RCA as a gift for the RCA's founder and mentor, Stephen Vogel, Bill Ruger's Son in Law. It was done by Ray Viramontez and is so signed. You will note the custom RCA emblem in the ivory panel(s) and the inscription on the right side of the receiver, above the gripframe, (")PRESENTED TO STEVEN VOGEL BY MEMBERS OF THE RCA(")..........(I SUSPECT THERE IS AN ERROR IN THAT INSCRIPTION, AS I HAVE ALWAYS SEEN MR VOGEL'S FIRST NAME SPELLED STEPHEN AND HE WAS VERY INFREQUENTLY CALLED STEVE. IF SO, IT WAS USUALLY IN INDIRECT COMMENTARY, I RECALL....) At any rate, this gun was offered in a Bill Ruger (type) auction conducted by a Family Member, along with WBR firearms and I believe it actually came out of the Vogel estate, based on subsequent requests I made to determine if there was any evidence, latent, of a fitted presentation case. (I was advised by Mr Vogel's Son that no casing was found upon my suggested search) The auction item photos speak fo rthe workmanship and sheer beauty of the completed Viramontez project.

This piece is a historical reference to The period, The RCA, It's sponsoring members, The Giant figurehead in Ruger Collecting, Stephen Vogel, and to my admiration and love for him. Stephen sponsored me as a candidate for the postion of Ruger Collector Ass'n Field Representative, the assignment of the Ruger Serial Number Subscription Program serial number 00028, and he was my Dear Friend. I am proud to own this gift to him from the RCA, and will always miss his unscheduled calls, suggestions, support, subtle wit, and drive for success of the RCA and it's collective membership. He will always be One of my Heroes.........

contender

Ruger Guru
Splitz, all I can say is,,,,,,,,, OUTSTANDING. It's always sweeter when we get something that has a personal connection. A true treasure,, your friend, AND his gun!