Today's special Part 12.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Today's special is a pair of old RSS's serial numbers 132 and 133......just a couple of old shooters but 132 shipped in Dec of 53......one of the first guns shipped :lol: :lol: :lol: just my luck...got these on a trip to MN that took me to WI then a guy from ND showed up and we had a GREAT TIME.......RR.

PA060577.jpg

PA060574.jpg

PA060575.jpg

Man, what neat stuff.

Observation relating to the ever-interesting discussion of medallions in stag grips.

The medallion in 132 appears to be "down and forward" whereas the medallion in 133 appears to be "up and back" when you compare one to the other. And neither is the same distance "down or back" as the other.

I have always been of the opinion that it would have been unlikely that all the different vendors would have located the medallions in EXACTLY the same position, but I'm certainly no authority. Heck, even the experts can't agree on this.

Thanks for sharing, Rod.

:)

americal

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
Man, what neat stuff.

Observation relating to the ever-interesting discussion of medallions in stag grips.

The medallion in 132 appears to be "down and forward" whereas the medallion in 133 appears to be "up and back" when you compare one to the other. And neither is the same distance "down or back" as the other.

I have always been of the opinion that it would have been unlikely that all the different vendors would have located the medallions in EXACTLY the same position, but I'm certainly no authority. Heck, even the experts can't agree on this.

Thanks for sharing, Rod.

:)
GOOD observation :!: I asked a well known Ruger collector about a pair that had just a little problem---He said if mine they would be factory---got to please yourself on that topic JMHO unless its plainly seen not to be right----