.357 Redhawk Price Check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
Hi Guys, I've been lusting over the idea of finding a Redhawk in .357 for quite some time, not finding much out there as I know they are somewhat few and far between.

I stopped at my LGS this morning and low and behold in his used case is a very nice stainless .357 Redhawk with 7.5" barrel. The gun certainly has been shot, however seems to be in exceptional shape and includes the original box.

He told me that it's a "collectors" gun and expects a "collectors premium" for it.....told me $1,000 firm. In my opinion, he's a couple hundred high, however I wanted to ask opinions.

Is he out of line, or is this what they go for when you find them?

Thanks!

Beaver Creek

Single-Sixer
Having bought, sold and collected Redhawks for a few years I would say your LGS is quiite out of line on this one. I have sold unboxed examples as low as $550 and LNIB w/ shipper for $775 on auction. I have never seen a $1000 Redhawk although they, like all guns, will sell for what someone is willing to pay in the passion of the moment.

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
Thanks Beaver-Creek,

I really appreciate your input as the figures you mentioned seem much more what I'd expect.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks again.

Kanook

Buckeye
Inform your dealer that since you are not a collector their is no reason for you to pay a collector premium for it.

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
I bought a stainless NIB 41 mag redhawk with 5 1/2' bbl and paid 600. 41 mags were produced in a lesser quantity. Shop owner has 'historic value' added. hth greg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
:shock: That's one dealer that's WAY out of touch on is price. What's the rest of the inventory priced like?

If you really want one, find on on GunBroker, AuctionArms on put up a WTB and use this same dealer for a transfer - if he's not asking $100 for those that is - and get him thinking about the error in his expectations.