So what's an original KNR4 worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
Posted on another forum, apparently he can't get in over here with his Gmail account:

"I have found a Ruger Single Six KNR-4 with both cylinders, NIB and unfired.
Appears to have all the paperwork.Still wrapped in paper in a red box.Serial number says it was built in 1976 and is a "Liberty" marked gun.
What is a fair price?"

"Gun is an original KNR-4.My problem is that it belongs to the widow of a shooting friend.I helped sell her husband's gun collection (chasing away the vultures), and now she wants to give me the Ruger. I won't do that but I can't find what is a fair price. I can't get on the Ruger collectors forums because I use a gmail address.I want to buy this gun but I have to hold to the same standards as I made every other buyer of the collection. Can anybody out there help me?"

street

Hunter
RENE list the KNR-4 200th yr. at $950. It's somewhat rare as only a few 100 were made. It was not cataloged for that year.

radicalrod

Hunter
I was extremely happy to finally find a 1976 model KNR4 and an NR4 at the OGCA last year....I paid 480 for the KNR4 and 400 for the NR4.....the stainless gun was boxed and the blue gun was boxed and shipper.....BUT they brought a wee bit more when I sold them :lol: :lol: :lol: YMMV,see ya RR.

radicalrod

Hunter
Well guys I have a few other stories that don't turn out quite as well :roll: :roll: :roll: a few will need a second lifetime to break even :lol: :lol: :lol: but nobody ever tells those stories :shock: :shock: :shock: see ya RR.