Pile of Old Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I posted this in the Gallery, but thought I would put it here also.
Hope you don't mind.
Jim

Well Guys,

I had my Alan Harton custom shooters out for a little wipe down. Yea I have posted these before, but never in one big Pile.
Alan did the work on all of these and Tunbull did the case hard. The Old Armys started life as a 7 1/2" Blue guns that are now Nickle. They were Nickle when I bought them in 2005.
When ya shoot CAS, as I do, ya have to have a matched pair to look GOOD.
Starting at the top are what were 61/2" Old models that I started CAS with. The one on the left I bought new in 1967. Well they were getting a little long of tooth. So I had the barrels chopped to 51/2" and case hard.
I shoot them and the OAs the most, but I do shoot all of them. In fact the 45 colts were shot with full loads of BP at the Ruger Feast by the Guys. :wink:
Next are 357 Flattops only case hard done to them. On the top of the barrel is stamped DAD 2005 they go to my Son and Daughter. :D
Next are two 357 Flattops that were converted to 45 Colt with 51/2" barrels. They have Gramps 2003 on the top of the barrel and NO billboard. So they go to Grandson and Grand-daughter :D
The Old Army barrels and loading levers were cut to 51/2" and the cylinders fluted along with custom Super hammers. Cyl. and barrel billboards gone. :roll:
All of these have Black Powder bevel on the cylinders, just because :wink:
Also they WERE not collectable guns when I started with them. One FT had a ported barrel :cry:

1315669141-1-1.jpg

radicalrod

Hunter
Jim. I don't want to be contrary but that is not a pile.....they look like a strategic arrangement :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someday I will show you just what a "pile" looks like 8) 8) 8)

Just having fun with ya, those are some nice ones.....see ya RR.

radicalrod said:
Jim. I don't want to be contrary but that is not a pile.....they look like a strategic arrangement :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someday I will show you just what a "pile" looks like 8) 8) 8)

Just having fun with ya, those are some nice ones.....see ya RR.

OK RR You win :lol: :lol: :lol:
I SWEAR I'm going to get out all the Ruges one of thes days and stack them in a pile just for you :wink: :wink: Really that would make a hell of a picture. You know I'm just Crazy enough to do it :roll: :roll: Well maybe just the new models :oops: :oops:
Thanks so much Pard,
Jim