Price Check - 50th Year Ruger Baseball Bat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Recently picked up a 50th Year Ruger Baseball Bat. How many were made & what is the going rate? It's complete with the shipping tube & in LNIB (tube) condition.

lmd

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
600 produced. Williams Shooting Suplies had the exclusive on them. I would say about 40.00 to 50.00. Now there is another variation that is extremly rare. It is red and not wood finish....

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Here is a pic of the red bat.

bat.jpg

I have several of the black and this is the only red I have in my collection :D :shock:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
If I recall, the lat couple of them I've seen sold in the $75-100 range depending on if it had the tube or not. In the end, it's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
I'm hoping the more common one is worth more than $50. I paid $55 for mine in the tube back in 1999, the 50th Anniversary of Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.. (I thought it was alot of $$ for a bat). My guess now days is $100 w/tube packaging.

lovemydals

Buckeye
I paid $100 for mine, thinking I paid too much. The seller had it priced at $150 & approached me about buying it. A deal was struck when the seller accepted my offer of $100.

radicalrod

Hunter
I got one right next to the bedroom door :lol: :lol: :lol: and an LCR under my mattress :shock: :shock: :shock: Just in case anybody gets by the MIGHTY MOE :roll: :roll: :roll: see ya RR.

I have not seen one change hands around here for less than $100 in a long while, value would be closer to $125-150 IMHO.....but it all depends on supply and demand...i.e I paid a little less than $100.00 shipped for the Ruger Neon sign that where made earlier this year and consider the value to be 3-5x that now based on offers I have had among casual Ruger collectors.

One guy wants something more than another...makes Ruger collecting all the more fun...

Now I want to have RR's bat to see how many cracks he has put in it :lol: :lol: :lol:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well it is still in the tube as I have never had the need to use it or the LCR......MM does a very good job of impersonating a MAD DOG KILLER when he hears something he doesn't like.....but a DOGGY TREAT will make him your friend for life......PS don't tell anyone that secret :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.

Sounds like I have MM's sister....absolutely scary bark, growl, stance ...until you show her anything that may be construed as a treat..then she is your Best friend for life..... :oops: so much for the killer instinct....

regards

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Last time I saw these a table had two at a LGShow, both above $150. Both were gone before noon the first day. Multi-caliber versatility. Nice decoration, too. I had to ask.