Two XR3-RSS 9's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

americal

Hunter
Post your long-barrel RSS's. I love the way these old guns shoot. Both of these are 157XXX serial numbered guns, only cousins. These and 4 5/8 RSS's are my favorites. Do you favor your long-barrels :?:
IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

Oh! forgot! After-market plastic grips from the 1950's. :D

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I have a walnut grip stickered box for that gun, just waiting for a "filler" to come along..........I also remember a robin's egg blue inside cover on a RSS9 box that went down the trail some years ago......sometimes a man has a lack of common sense..... :roll:

flatgate

Hawkeye
132835047.jpg

RSS9 "shooter" Stainless XR3-RED grip frame.

332247836.jpg

RSS7 "shooter"...... cut down 9-1/2" barrel. The gun's too early to have any sort of an optional barrel... :D

flatgate

HAWKEYE#28 said:
Nh Rugerman said:
I love Flatgate's RSS7 shooter...Ruger should make a special run of those, I bet they would sell great......

PSSSST! Call Jason Cloessner, New Products Mgr, Lipsey's, Baton Rouge, and suggest this model.He is a great guy and I will bet he'd be glad to hear from you.

I will track down his contact information and do just that...may even "borrow" flatgate's picture to send him...

Thanks Hawkeye for the suggestion...great!

Regards

americal

Hunter
SteveRuger my buddy saw one in Wy. at gun show he had made, for 750 dollars about 10 years ago it was a 10 inch. RSS --black rubber grips looked factory ROLLMARK and ALL--even the blueing 8) he almost bought it --looked so good---

Latest posts