OAC 2 day show Portland Or. 8/27 & 28 W/Photos!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
Oregon Arms Collectors big 2 day show is Aug. 27 & 28 at the Holiday Inn / Columbia Conference Center, 8439 N.E Columbia Blvd. Portland, Or.
Hours are Sat. 9am - 5pm and Sun. 9am - 3pm.

Couple of your Ruger nuts will be displaying! :D
Terry T (& lovemydals) - see you there?

Terry T

Buckeye
Tyrone,
Aw, shucks! I'm sure you could add some 'color' to the Left Coast. Portland is a bit of a liberal town and could stand a good dose of N.C. Mt. down home 'wisdom'. :D
Portland DOES have some good beer and some amazing gun collections. (Not a lot farther than from Ca. to Harrisburg, Pa. :shock: )
Next time,
Terry T

dougader

Hunter
Wish I could go, maybe.... but I have some other things that have to get done around here, and i promised my daughter a trip to the park.

Drive safe and have a good show.

lovemydals

Buckeye
My two displays are up & ready for your viewing pleasure.

Also, I have several Ruger 30th Year (1949 to 1979) calendars new in thier shipping tubes for sale. Any Ruger Forum member that comes by my table & introduces themself will get the RFM discount.

See ya tomorrow!

lmd

I would hope that the Ruger-Forum types from Oregon and Washington could take a little time to visit this show. These fellers have some great exhibits, and it's great that they travel such distances to share these displays and their knowledge. I know they'd appreciate us dropping by to let them know these displays are appreciated.

WAYNO.

dougader

Hunter
I have been trying to make it out there. I really want to go and meet these fine Ruger Forum guys, but I have my daughter this weekend and have church responsibilities from about 7:30am until 1 or 2 pm. If I do get done by noon, I will try and get over there with my wife.

If you, Wayno, or anyone else is there It will be great to meet you all. I will be the guy with glasses wearing a suit coat (and a tie with a Norman Rockwell print of Dad and son fishing). :)

xtratoy

Buckeye
I went Saturday and met Terry T. After talking to him about his Alpha Bearcat collection I headed over to meet luvmydaals but he had melted into the crowds. He had quite the ROA display. Lots of stuff for sale and some nice displays were present.

lovemydals

Buckeye
xtratoy,

Sorry I missed you. Iwould of liked to have met you. Maybe next year.

To set the record straight, the OA & Alpha Bearcat displays are mine.

lmd

xtratoy

Buckeye
Fine collection of Bearcats. Terry had an "eclectic collection of S&W revolvers" also. Now I wonder if the double action Rugers to the left of the Bearcats are yours or Terry,s. In any case a great bunch of guns. I guess If I looked closer at the details rather than just looking at the guns I would have known. Your ROA display made my one ROA feel like an orphan when I got home and told him about his cousins i saw. :lol:

dougader

Hunter
We made it out this afternoon. Terry showed me an icredible collection of double action Ruger revolvers, speed sixes, service sixes... many very rare with wonderful stories about their production.

luvmydals, as mentioned above, had a huge, beautiful collection of ROA's.

Top rate collections and super nice guys to boot.

It was nice to meet these fine Ruger Forum gents. I hope we can do it again soon!

Terry T

Buckeye
Terry T's

P8281478.jpg

P8281479.jpg

Had a great time!
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
'Wayno' came by with a rare Speed Six to show off.
'Dougader' stopped by with a customized Ruger Montado - bird's head added as well as adjustable S&W sights and free spin pawl not to mention an action job. SWEET! Wish I'd taken a photo of it.
'Xtratoy' was amazed at the collections displayed.
I didn't take photos of some of the other amazing displays - Savages, Deringers, WWII, etc. All first class. :D
This is a collector's club show, not a 'flea market' commercial show.
Terry T

lovemydals

Buckeye
Added photos from the Oregon Arms Collectors gun show held at the Columbia Conference Center, Portland OR
Imag21098.jpg

Imag21099.jpg

lmd's display, "A Sampling of Ruger .22 Cal Firearms, The First Decades"
Imag21105.jpg

Imag21107.jpg

Imag21110.jpg

Imag21111.jpg

lmd's display of Ruger Old Army's with 7 1/2' barrels & adjustable sights
Imag21154.jpg

Imag21155.jpg

Imag21156.jpg

Terry T & mis Laura displaying Ruger Six Series Double Action Revolvers
Imag21152.jpg

Gregg P's display of International Harvester M1 Garands
Imag21103.jpg

Imag21104.jpg

California boys playing with a Thompson (Gregg P)
Imag21160.jpg

California boys playing with a Thompson (Terry T)
Imag21165.jpg

California boys playing with a Thompson (lovemydals)
Imag21169.jpg

Terry T

Buckeye
Thanks LMDs
Or. is a Class III state. Don't tell Ca. DOJ that the Ca. boys touched forbidden fruit! :shock: (We didn't "play with guns", we were very careful to observe all the safe gun handling rules! :D )
Great show with lots of amazing exibits. Just didn't get permission to post photos of the other displays.
Terry T

lovemydals

Buckeye
Hey Terry T, one must not tell lies. "We were playing with guns!". :lol: However, you are correct that we were practicing safe gun handling rules. Just check the location of the CA boys trigger fingers when handling the Thompson. Fine examples of safe gun handling.

lmd