Blue Book

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Anybody collect Blue Book of Gun Values? I passed an estate sale in town today. Then decided to go back. Found volumns 1, 2#1, 2#2, 4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,13 and 16. Thought the early ones were pretty interesting.

IMGP1713.jpg
[/img]

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Can't say I collect them but I'd be interested in some early editions, I think it would be neat to have #1 at least.

Did you ask what a guy needed so many Blue Books for and whether you could take a look around inside the house? :lol: Maybe go through the sock drawer, flip a few mattresses, check for a large metal box with a lock on it in the basement? :lol:

Many folks have NO clue what their 'kin folk' did on hiding "stuff" in the homes........over the years we've seen every conceiveable 'thing' hidden, stashed even built into the wall, only for later families to find or when the wrecking ball takes it down..........(or get thrown out "inside" of old boxes, books , etc...) :roll:
those books are kinda neat, we used to 'save' them and the early one really had an ALL blue cover, but as 'WmG' states it would be "
neat" to have volume One,other wise, they sit, draw moisture,get smelly in a short period of time with ANY improper storage......
good luck, we used to put the 'past" issues on the table and get a few dollars for them, let someone alse "learn"......as the new ones are getting very "pricy" these days (what isn't...?) 8)