SP-101's issued with OD grip inserts?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Calthrop

Single-Sixer
A member has a set of SP grip inserts on the classified section for trade. He says they are an early issue OD type. It is the first I have heard about this dose anyone know it? Thanks. Calhrop

we had seen and sold them both in the green as well as the black............
as well as about ANY "aftermearket" material one can think of including ivory ,stag AND Mother of Pearl..............My friend Don made some up for Rich up in Michigan some time back in MOP.....NICE

chet15

Hawkeye
The OD green inserts were the original color used for the early SP101's. Maybe the first 10,000 SP's had those.
Ruger has only used green, then black colored plastic inserts (and of course wood on a few special models)
Chet15

gunman42782

Hunter
Well, I reckon you really do learn something new everyday. I sure did not know they ever used green inserts on the SP101. I don't even remember any advertising of that gun with green inserts. I sure do remember the 77 MK2 boat paddle rifles with the green inserts though.

chet15

Hawkeye
gunman42782 said:
Well, I reckon you really do learn something new everyday. I sure did not know they ever used green inserts on the SP101. I don't even remember any advertising of that gun with green inserts. I sure do remember the 77 MK2 boat paddle rifles with the green inserts though.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the first SP101 ads also showed it with green inserts.
Chet15

Latest posts