M77MK2RLS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cptpoly

Bearcat
A number of years back, I had a M77MK2 RLS in .243W. It had a very short barrel,(18 1/2) inches?, bright blue, walnut stock. I know the rifle was a limited run from Davidson's. Question: (1) How many were made?
(2) What are they worth? (3) Why did I sell the rifle in the first place?

Thanks!

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
They existed in 308, 243,'06 and 270......All of mine came from Buckeye in the early '90's. There were laminate stocked and walnut stocked varieties. Never heard numbers, but I would suggest no more than 500 of each..........Think I still have a 270 laminate squirreled somewhere deep and dark.......... 8) NIB :wink:

contender

Ruger Guru
Splitz has answered #1, as for #2, I'm no help.
About #3,, well, we call it "seller remorse" and I stopped having it years ago. I quit selling any gun I bought for myself.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Should be at least a $600 gun; perhaps more....."HOW MANY do we see, across the country?" Pls understnd, these are in four calibers and in two action lengths. I have hunted both and the barrel length is absolutely superb!! Yes, I had all eight variations, sold 'em and finally found the last one from a Friend, some 12 years ago.......... 8)

mcknight77

Blackhawk
My $.02:

They turn up occasionally on the auction sites. I've been trying to corner one in .308Win for some time now. They either made less of them, or those that got 'em won't let them go.

Same, same for the M77RL in .308Win.

3DTESTIFY

Single-Sixer
Tang safety RLS rifles in LA & SA I've occasionally seen, mostly in LA. The MKII RLS were made in SA only I believe & are very rare. I've never seen one.