Mahogany box for Super Blackhawk, poor cond. Value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oregon73

Blackhawk
This is what I've got. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. What do you think this thing is worth? Thanks!

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3953.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

Much appreciated!

Rob

Overall the inside is very nice, better than a LOT of them we've seen, , you may have to makeup a replacement latch piece on the upper left, and the outside needs a good cleanup and fine sanding down, a bit of mahogany stain, and it would look like new..........we saw one a bit worse than that recently and my wife wiped it down with liguid gold and it was 100 % better, the guy was tickled and impressed, did NOTHING else to it...........
yours has "promise";)
bottom line its still worth $300 or more "as is" cause the inside is so nice,detail it and it will go well over the $400-450 mark, maybe more to someone with the "pucker factor"............ :roll:

oregon73

Blackhawk
rugerguy said:
Overall the inside is very nice, better than a LOT of them we've seen, , you may have to makeup a replacement latch piece on the upper left, and the outside needs a good cleanup and fine sanding down, a bit of mahogany stain, and it would look like new..........we saw one a bit worse than that recently and my wife wiped it down with liguid gold and it was 100 % better, the guy was tickled and impressed, did NOTHING else to it...........
yours has "promise";)
bottom line its still worth $300 or more "as is" cause the inside is so nice,detail it and it will go well over the $400-450 mark, maybe more to someone with the "pucker factor"............ :roll:

Dan, thank you very much for the info! This is extremely helpful!

Thanks!
Rob

oregon73

Blackhawk
westerville said:
How about that nickel plated hardware? You do not see that everyday!

Well, and it's missing the upper piece of the left latch.

So there were other styles besides the nickel-plated hardware?

Thanks much!
Rob

oregon73 said:
westerville said:
How about that nickel plated hardware? You do not see that everyday!

Well, and it's missing the upper piece of the left latch.

So there were other styles besides the nickel-plated hardware?

Thanks much!
Rob

Rob,
There are only two style's one being the Nickle-Plated as it appears in the photos & the Brass hardware, The nickle being the rarer of the two. Good old box.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I'm with the Gentleman from "the Middle of the Rockies". I've seen many, many, many cased Supers. I've not seen very many "silver" colored hinges and latches.....

Here's a really poor image of my example.......

88166654.jpg

flatgate

That missing upper 'latch' as I said could be replaced ( replicated) quite easily by any good metalsmith ( heck they just copy the other one, duh....)
sorry but the company over near here ,in Solon,Ohio, no longer carries that hardware, from what we were told it came from italy............a certain party here on the forum, got the last of them some time ago,,,,,and has used them up,,,,,,, 8)

americal

Hunter
I would say thats a good example of the topic Doc44 :) you always put one on us 8) those pictures --glad you got that picture taking outfit :D