Price check OM .357 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

blackwolfe

Single-Sixer
Looking at an Old Model Blackhawk in .357. S/N 451XX which I think means it was born in 1963. It is unconverted, however the hammer has been either poorly jeweled or highly polished. Slight cylinder ring and finish wear on end of ejector housing. A few slight marks in the original grips and one medallion is flaked a little. Probably 98% overall. No box or papers. Current owner bought it used in the mid 60's. Sorry no pictures. Any value estimates would be appreciated. Thank you.

mike722

Buckeye
the '63 transition guns are scarce, and will bring a premium over later 3 screw guns.. but condition is everything..sounds like that gun would run in the $400 range.. but then again evrything is slow right now, except for the really rare stuff..

mike722 said:
the '63 transition guns are scarce, and will bring a premium over later 3 screw guns.. but condition is everything..sounds like that gun would run in the $400 range.. but then again evrything is slow right now, except for the really rare stuff..

Yep fer sure. Now if it has the Mico marked sight that makes it real scarce.
Don't have the RENE to see if is in the S/N range
Jim

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wyandot Jim said:
Like #7 from the start of protected sight models if I remember right.
Jim

42691 was the first with the EARS.........

flatgate

PS The gun was "shooter grade" at best..........

chet15

Hawkeye
All transition .357's are scarce. If it is 4-5/8" and also has a steel housing then you have the rarest of the transitions. Next rarest would be a 6-1/2" with Non Micro rear sight and steel housing.
Chet15

blackwolfe

Single-Sixer
This one has the steel ejector rod housing, Micro sight and 6.5 inch barrel.
Will probably see the owner Thursday or Friday to find out what he wants for it.

The problem is he also has a six inch Smith and Wesson model 19-4, or maybe 19-3, I can't remember which, that he bought new and has fired two full cylinders only through it. That one has the box and all the goodies and is as new.
He probably has a few yet undisclosed items available that he will roll out when I get there.

I also have a lead on a war time Walther PP. military marked, for $400, but I know almost nothing about those.

So many guns, so little dollars. :cry:

xtpshooter

Single-Sixer
Interesting..I have a old 357 Blackhawk, 6.5 inch barrel. Sn 434xx It has the micro sight and steel ERH. Is this considered a transition gun?

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
I'd say grab it in an instant as I think the "eared" transition models are some pretty interesting guns. I wasn't much interested in "eared" .357's till I bought one in a local gun shop and it turned out to be a Type 3. I then found a Type 1 in an auction in California and finally just recently acquired a Type 2 from a fellow Forum member; thank you very much. They're all short barreled guns, to make a nice "set"' of transitional .357's. Here's a pic of them, with the Type 1, 42980, on lower left, Type 2, 44335, lower right and the Type 3, 47284, being the upper gun. The Type 1 had it's original box with it, but the other box is an add on for the Type 2; had to give it a nice place to lay. With my .357 Flattops, I can show my friends the progression Ruger made in the Flattop to "Eared" models.
397997407.jpg

HH

Latest posts