Value of NIB flat-top .357 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Blindman

Bearcat
Greetings. This gun has not been fired nor converted. Late 1957 production, serial number 10xxx 4 5/8 barrel, black grips. Instruction/parts list is in the box. Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
There are details that can make a difference in pricing. However, in general, a boxed Flattop like you described should be in the $900 range.
The details occur with the types of parts it has.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Please send that Ruger Blackhawk to Wyoming! I'd just love to have it..... :D

OK, seriously addressing your query.... condition, condition, and condition are the top three points to consider. The gun's condition, the gun's grips condition and configuration and then there's the specifics of the box's labels, etc.

Posting a few "focused" images would help the experienced members to offer further information and a fair value estimate.

I have a later example that's still a "Flattop" but it's not one of "best examples".
112875762.jpg

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
To go a little further, a 1957 late production could be a Type II or a Type II Transition. As Flatgate & I both agree,,, it's all in the condition & details. (You did mention it was NIB.)

radicalrod

Hunter
Hi, welcome to the Rf....I bet you have a few PM's about selling it :lol: :lol: :lol: If you really want to sell it put it on Gun Broker with a penny starting price.....just be sure to let us know that you put it on an auction by listing it in the auction section....you may be surprised what a nice boxed flat top brings.....good luck....see ya RR.

Blindman said:
Greetings. This gun has not been fired nor converted. Late 1957 production, serial number 10xxx 4 5/8 barrel, black grips. Instruction/parts list is in the box. Thanks

Just curious if the end label of the box has BKH34 on it or is it the non catalog end label (should be non catalog) - Pictures?

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
contender said:
Welcome to the Forum!
There are details that can make a difference in pricing. However, in general, a boxed Flattop like you described should be in the $900 range.
The details occur with the types of parts it has.

I suggest that the figure is a bit low.................. 8)

lark63

Single-Sixer
As the wise ones above have stated- Condition-condition-condition.
Nib that old may or may not have handling marks etc.
Lets see some photos of the complete package.
As for value I will leave that to the above pros again.

Blindman

Bearcat
Greetings. Sorry I did not include more details. My knowledge on blackhawks is shallow. I have been reading on another site so if I say something that doesn't sound correct, say so. Got this gun at estate sale and it looked so good I just put it in the safe. It is a type "2", dimpled ejector rod buttom, wide lands on the cylinder base pin, narrow trigger, adjustment notch on rear sight. No catalog number nor barrel length on box end label. Lots of fly specks on box lid. Two corners show wear. Last evening for the first time in the seven years that I have owned this gun, I cocked the hammer and removed the cylinder. I withdraw my statement that it was un-fired. The face of cylinder is dis-colored. No other exterior marks or wear. Hope this helps, Jay

lark63

Single-Sixer
The folks here are alot better than most other sights.
I am still a rookie and have been helped out quite a bit. Even made some good purchases because of their help.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok, with more details, I'll change my first ROUGH estimate, (which was made with the little bit of info.) A Type II with an uncataloged box in LNIB (meaning it appears as new but has very minor wear,) and if it has the correct manuel etc, I'll step up to the $1050 mark. The RENE lists both variations of the Type II at around $800 and the box & papers will add $200-$250.
However, if it is consecutive to a members gun, and/or had the shipper, the price could go up.

Latest posts