Tulsa Arms Show, Nov. 2011

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
Once again, the great Tulsa Arms Show, November 12 & 13, 2011, will host the Ruger Collectors Association Annual Display Show. This is a great venue with over 4,000 tables and a great gathering of Ruger Collectors and enthusiasts. Please dig into your collections and plan to bring your displays so we can make this a fine showing of Ruger firearms and memorabilia! Make your table reservations early since the number of display tables is limited. We will have a banquet and auction on Saturday evening the 13th so be sure to include that in your plans. A special Ruger firearm will also be raffled off during the show. More details will be forthcoming regarding the headquarters hotel, etc. Lots of fun guaranteed!!! Our contact this year is Dave Lortscher. Dave can be reached by calling 1-585-781-0017 or via email at [email protected]

Ljutic

Bearcat
Looking forward to attending after several years of absence due to the show usually falling on my birthday weekend and opening day of muzzle loader deer season.

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
We will be again using the Tulsa Courtyard Central 918-660-0646. The rate this year is $84 per night. Please mention you are staying with RCA to get this rate.

The RCA banquet will also be held at the same location as will the RCA Display show fund auction immediately following dinner. Please come share in the comradery and good times that always accompany this event.

This hotel is also very covenant to the Tulsa Gun show itself. The hotel is presently undergoing a massive renovation and will be like brand new upon arrival. It was very nice last few years and this year it will even be better.

Final Dinner details are still being worked out and I will posy more info at that time.

Please PM or e-mail me should you have any questions.

Thanx
David

Ljutic

Bearcat
They have a sign posted that no pictures allowed in the show. Was going to do a quick blog entry about the show since I had forgotten about how awesome it was over the last dozen years of not attending. Wanted to take a few pictures just to give my readers the scope of the show, but didn't want to risk breaking the rules about pictures.

The Ruger wall was great. I enjoyed my stroll and view. Didn't introduce myself, but did want to say that RCA members did a super job.

mike722

Buckeye
Ljutic said:
They have a sign posted that no pictures allowed in the show. Was going to do a quick blog entry about the show since I had forgotten about how awesome it was over the last dozen years of not attending. Wanted to take a few pictures just to give my readers the scope of the show, but didn't want to risk breaking the rules about pictures.

The Ruger wall was great. I enjoyed my stroll and view. Didn't introduce myself, but did want to say that RCA members did a super job.

They let us take pics of the displays before the public comes in on Saturday and Sunday mornings...but yeah, they get antsy over cameras once the doors open!

Rules of the shows ( promoters) NO CAMERAS, NO PICTURE TAKING...
they do as Mike noted above, allow the "display" folks take them ONLY of that area, and BEFORE the show "opens"......later, ,during any awards presentation, some promoters will stop by and THEY will take pictures of the awards ,the display as well as the displayer, but that is done by them ....yes, they may allow the "group" ,(someone from the displayers) to take a picture of only that, at that time.............
yes, the general public taking any pictures may get tossed, asked to leave , working security for some of these shows I've removed some over the years myself....and only if they get 'testy' after we explain things to them.......
Obviously MOST folks do NOT want their pictures taken along with their "mugs & wares........." :roll:

And yet in the past we have seen dozens of Tulsa pictures posted here (and elsewhere), showing all the guys and all their neat stuff in full color, complete with closeups of everything.

Have things "tightened up" recently?

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
Dick don't think it has changed much just most of the members at the show don't take the pictures and then spend the time to post them. I didn't go this year and usually was the person who gave the live updates. All my pictures were taken before the show opened to the public.

Dan

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Ale8, paranoia runs deep in the gun world :lol: :lol: :lol: me I don't care take all the pics ya want....just get my "GOOD SIDE" that's if it will all fit in the pic :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Here are some pics of my display. RUGER U.S. TARGET PISTOLS. I had a total of 9 guns that featured all the contracts. This display received third place for the show.

Tulsa2011007.jpg

Tulsa2011009-1.jpg

Tulsa2011008.jpg

Tulsa2011010.jpg

I have several pictures of all the displays that I will post at a later date.