Collector interest in Export Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Is there much collector interest for Ruger firearms that were designed for the export market and not typically sold in the US?

Looking more towards the rifles side, such as variations of the M77's and M77 Hawkeyes.

Know there have been some Mini 14's that were designed for military or export, such as the French and Bermuda Regiment mini's, but really looking for information on the M77 and bolt action rifles.

Have to break out my copy of RENE and look thru it as well, but don't remember seeing anything on the subject.

Know this is pretty general, but wanting to see if there is interest in these out there.

Thanks to all!

Coogs

Maximum
I can't help you there, I know of the avertisement for the EXPORT Maximiums, but did they get shipped? And to where? P-85's were sold to Israel...........I'm sure some of our members across the pond will have some info as well as those #1 and 77 guru's out there, Coogs

Dan in MI

Staff member
Coogs,
France, Brazil and Australia were heavy into IHMSA those might be good place to search for offshore maximums. I aslo knew a few germans that shot, but I think that was more because they were here on long term employment.

Oh yeah Canadia too. :p

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Ruger had a deal with Heym for years to provide actions for the Heym-Ruger #1. Some had octagon barrels and high grade German optics in claw mounts. Also came with set triggers,

Beautiful rifles they were

Dave

chet15

Hawkeye
There's not much written about special export model Rugers, but those that are known are in the reference.
These include the stainless M77 rifles in .222 Rem., at least three different models of bolt action only Mini-14's, the 21" Super Redhawks in .357 and .44 Mag., 9x21 Chambered P89's and Police Carbines, the Turkish Contract P85's (as mentioned above), M77RS MKII in 7x64 Brenneke and I'm sure there are a bunch of others. Lately there have been the threaded barrel stainless 10/22's.
One of the problems with Ruger though is, even if we had a chance to collect such things here in the states, most of these export models have never even been talked about here in the states, so it is anybody's guess as to what wonderous models have been created? With a little PR work by Ruger in our country, such models might actually sell better than some of their domestic offerings.
Chet15

Coogs

Maximum
Thanks Dan. Maybe some day one will have "float" back home.........like I said, if they ever did get shipped out of the country being as all the so called "problems" with the Max were brought to light so early in production. Thanks again, Coogs.