Arizona Ranger Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chance

Buckeye
Looking for a general value for an unfired, with box and all paperwork
Arizona Ranger. I have not seen the gun yet but will later today. Sorry Hawkeye #28 he will not sell the box alone

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
DISPLAY CASES AND OTHER ACCESSORIES WERE NEVER PART OF THE ISSUE. THESE ARE AFTERMARKET, TOTALLY. I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THEIR EXISTENCE, JUST HAVE KNOWN THESE FROM DAY ONE AND HAVE THE ISSUE ROSTER. SN 201-299 WERE NOT OFFICIAL AZ RANGER GUNS.....(ISSUE/PURCHASE/SIGNED FOR)300-304 WERE RETAINED AT THE FACTORY. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT,BEFORE YOU JUMP IN.

deserttrans

Buckeye
You are right #28. I was confusing my thoughts with the Colorado gun. The Az. Ranger shipped quite differently. Excuse my ignorance on the subject.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
HEY!! NO ISSUES HERE OR WITH YOU. THIS IS WHY WE ALL STICK TOGETHER. SHARING INFO IS FUN AND APPROPRIATE. THE AZ RANGER IS THE ONLY(!!!) COMMEMORATIVE DONE AT THE FACTORY. WBR LOVED ARIZONA.......100+ PERCENT, HANDS DOWN, NO HOLDS BARRED. MY LATE FRIENDS, PHIL VAN STRANDER AND BOB GERENSER, BOTH AZ RANGERS, NEGOTIATED THIS CONTRACT WITH WBR. AND, IT WAS ONLY FOR 304 GUNS, UNHEARD OF AT THE TIME THAT A MINIMUM WAS 400 PIECES..........GOD BLESS THEM ALL, NOW GONE........... :( :? :x :wink:

Chance

Buckeye
Saw the gun yesterday and it is like new, #13x but was priced at about 4.5 times Splits' suggested price. Needless to say I passed.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Well, it seems if one has a "need", be in or from Arizona, be a current or former Az Ranger, love commemorative single actions, etc, ad finitim, in order to seek, own or pursue.......There are sets and subsets of these Az Rangers; In reverse, SN 300 through 304 stayed at Ruger; SN 201-299 went to Western Hoegee, a primary Az Ruger Distributor(So.....not really available or sold/issued{both words apply} to Az Rangers); SN 1-XX were sold/issued to Az Rangers, by drawing for individual numbers low to higher(I have the copy of original SN distribution by recipient name); Van Strander and Gerencer retained the balance and sold them as "original Az Ranger" (their SN block) revolvers. So, there you have it. Thus, in my view, some are real AZ Ranger guns, some are "sort of" Az Ranger guns, 99 are Distributor guns and the last 5 are factory archived guns.

Chance

Buckeye
Good info Splitz. Now at least I can say I've seen one. The owner orgininally had 2 with consec Ranger #s. Gave one to his friend with the stipulation both guns would eventually go to the survvior. When the friend died his wife gave the second gun away.

Latest posts