Single-Six, s/n 4707, Shipping Date Added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Doc44

Single-Sixer
I recently acquired this Single-Six with its original box and instruction manual. Except for a tiny amount of handling wear, it appears unfired.

Ruger Records told me it was shipped in November 1954.

Bill

orig.jpg

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Great photo of WBR's classic first revolver. Note the rather "raw" finish of the three action screws' heads. Always an item(x 3) to observe when asking if this model has been refinished. Clearly, WBR did not have those screwheads polished out........ 8) Thanks, Doc. 8)

Good point 'splitz' but sad to say many folks do NOT like that 'rough' almost unfinished (all it is ,is the cut off tool makes...) and they will change out the screws, for newer, shinier?? polished ones and yes,usually a sign of a "refinish"....... sorry Doc didn't mean to "butt in", but your pictures are SO GOOD ,concise, and show what a 'true' original, "early,Old Model " should look like....NICE one :wink: (in fact, one can even "see" the 'satin' finish on the grip medallion.....) 8)

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Doc44 said:
I recently acquired this Single-Six with its original box and instruction manual. Except for a tiny amount of handling wear, it appears unfired.
Bill

Beautiful piece Bill. I am sure you've been asked before but I want to post pics as good as yours. What's your method?
Mike

street

Hunter
Doc44!! Nothing can show off what a fine revolver you have but your ability to take such a fine picture. Would you share how you set up your lighting, what kind of camera and lens?

Thanks,
Street

Doc44

Single-Sixer
I take my photos with a Nikon D90 with a Nikon SB900 flash attachment. The revolver is placed in a D-flector portable photo studio that was developed for taking photos of items to be shown on the internet. I bought it several years ago at sharpics.com, but they no longer sell them and one can be found on ebay from time to time. I point the flash at the ceiling so it does not reflect off the revolver and use various camera and flash settings to obtain the best photo. My overhead lighting is fluorescent fixtures with a plastic cover to diffuse the light (normal room fixtures). I edit and store the photos using Picasa3, a free download from Google. I have used it for many years and it works great not only to edit the photos, but also to store them and view them.

I would be glad to answer individual questions.

Bill

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Doc44 said:
I take my photos with a Nikon D90 with a Nikon SB900 flash attachment. The revolver is placed in a D-flector portable photo studio that was developed for taking photos of items to be shown on the internet. I bought it several years ago at sharpics.com, but they no longer sell them and one can be found on ebay from time to time. I point the flash at the ceiling so it does not reflect off the revolver and use various camera and flash settings to obtain the best photo. My overhead lighting is fluorescent fixtures with a plastic cover to diffuse the light (normal room fixtures). I edit and store the photos using Picasa3, a free download from Google. I have used it for many years and it works great not only to edit the photos, but also to store them and view them.

Bill

Perfect Bill thank you for sharing that info.
Mike

street

Hunter
Doc44 said:

Bill

Thanks Doc44. I like your results. Good job.