BKH47 with character

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
This one was "rescued"........

52401013.jpg

but it sure wasn't as bad as the OP. :D

It's been fitted with a blued steel grip frame from a New Model.

flatgate

PS No thanks on those grips.........

That one came out pretty nice 'Flatgate' good job.....
as for these 'Micro' sights , we have just the original blade & sight body, we use newer 'innards' to make them work, and the elevation screw for the older style ,we use the one from a Colt rear sight......all the parts are available.
Most of the time folks just use the parts from their old ,beat up, ones........new or old.

americal

Hunter
Is the cup half full or half empty :?: :lol: I KNOW that creature of a gun could be made into a fine gun like Flatgates I see a project coming :arrow: go for it 8)

Chance

Buckeye
Project is a go. Last night stripping the gun down I found the ERH screw broken off in the bbl and super glue holding the ERH on.

Dan, you have a PM

flatgate

Hawkeye
Chance said:
Very nice Flatgate

And the fun part is that it's a darn nice shooter!

Then there's this one that has been rescued.....

85490282.jpg

Original barrel. New Model Super Blackhawk grip frame. New Model Bisley hammer extensively modified and a wide OM trigger. Grips are Lett's Fancy Walnuts :D

It, too, is a darn good shooter!

flatgate

americal

Hunter
GOOD GRIEF :lol: WHAT A GUN FG--never seen that one 8) you sure gotta lot of nice modified soup-up Rugers --thanks for a look :)

WARD

Single-Sixer
Very nice Flatgate, did the consec pair come together or were you able to match up a couple of singles? They appear to show different amounts of wear.

Do you suppose there was much overlap on the use of XR3 vs XR3-RED grip frames or was it simply running out of one and then starting the other?

Ward

Coop

Blackhawk
High Folks,

I very rarely visit the collector thread. I did pick up on this thread, and I have a question/observation.

If you look at the OP note with pics, and number the pics 1-8 top to bottom. No. 2 shows the LH grip with no hump over the medallion. No. 6 shows a close-up of the LH grip with a hump. Curious, eh? Is No. 6 a reversed image?

Coop

Don't think it can be reversed . . . the eagle is facing the proper direction, and we can see the end of the hammer screw.

I'd say picture 2 is fuzzy enough that the "hump" simply isn't distinct.

JMHO

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
Holy heck!

Looks like Benny the Butcher got into shooting in 1960 with a gun he bought and one he got from dad. Send out the Revolver Rescue Officer with his snare! :(