10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Larry Masten

Bearcat
there were several threads posted maybe a month or so back regarding "D" prefix serial numbers on Single-Six pieces.

Can anyone supply some information on "D" prefix serial numbers on 10/22 rifles?

I have an International, new in the box, with serial number on the box and it was assigned number D 89975. Who what where when and how did this happen and prices associated with these rifles?

LM

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Not sure how much this will help, but read Chet's post: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=109321&highlight=duplicate+prefix

He'll be along shortly and give the full scoop.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hi Larry, sounds like a nice 10/22....D's mean that the same serial number was stamped on another gun so to make it a unique serial number the factory stamped the second gun with a D....a simple way to fix a mistake. See ya RR.

chet15

Hawkeye
Larry Masten said:
there were several threads posted maybe a month or so back regarding "D" prefix serial numbers on Single-Six pieces.

Can anyone supply some information on "D" prefix serial numbers on 10/22 rifles?

I have an International, new in the box, with serial number on the box and it was assigned number D 89975. Who what where when and how did this happen and prices associated with these rifles?

LM

Larry:
You've got a great gun there and your particular example has several things going for it. First of all of course is that it is a scarce International model. These are always in demand anyway. Next is that it has the original box, a rarity for a 10/22 but there are maybe about a dozen 10/22 International boxes that I know of.
Then of course is the "D" serial number. Yours is one of probably not more than 450 made without checkering. There were also maybe 350 made with checkering and a "D" prefix number.
Chet15