Ruger Advertising

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pete

Single-Sixer
Years ago when my parents shopped at a local GES store I remember a particular Ruger advertisement.The ad had a device that continually cocked and fired an Old Model Single-Six.The add talked about the durability of the gun and its coil springs best I can remember.This had to be in the late 50's or early 60's.Any of you collectors remember this or happen to have one or even a photo of it? It's strange the things that pop into your mind when you get older!

flatgate

Hawkeye
The "not so good" pic appears in the Factory Catalogs from the early/mid '50's, IIRC. Ruger actually set up the machine with one of his Autos or a Single-Six and cycled the lockwork throughout the "period" NRA Shows!

flatgate

Pete

Single-Sixer
Great P.R. for sure, it is the one thing that sticks in my mind after all these years concerning gun advertising!Though I cannot remember everything I do remember the Ruger Eagle in Red and Black and the black gripped Single -Six set up in the device!

chet15

Hawkeye
Pete said:
Great P.R. for sure, it is the one thing that sticks in my mind after all these years concerning gun advertising!Though I cannot remember everything I do remember the Ruger Eagle in Red and Black and the black gripped Single -Six set up in the device!

Wouldn't that be a neat piece of memorabilia for Ruger to put on their bi-monthly website auction?
But, I suppose through the years that item has probably been disassembled and the components used for something else.
Chet15

americal

Hunter
Someone ought to find one of those How 8) could you get using that in a display--may be one in plain sight :shock: just that they don't know what it is :!: What price would you put on that Ruger History :?:

Pete

Single-Sixer
The one I remember looked very different from the one shown. A revolver was mounted in it and though the workings may have been similar they were covered with a large cardboard cover that was red and had the Ruger eagle on it along with something else.I may be mistaken but I think the entire revolver moved and was cocked and fired as it moved in an arc of close to 90 degrees.
Anybody have a "way-back machine"????