2 digit Colorado Centennial Single Six Value??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I found a Colorado Centennial Single Six and was curious as to the value? SN is 76-000xx, a 2 digit number. They are asking $600. Too much or does the early production number put it up there?? It is in the walnut lined box with both cylinders and appears nearly unfired.

Thanks!
Dave

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
"Nearly unfired" is about like "kinda pregnant"! I would think it should be NIB and unfired to bring that kind of $$. But, 2 digit serial #'s have their own attraction.

El Numero Uno said:
"Nearly unfired" is about like "kinda pregnant"! I would think it should be NIB and unfired to bring that kind of $$. But, 2 digit serial #'s have their own attraction.

I believe it to be unfired, but that said, I still think it is a little high given the fact I would have to pay sales tax........... :? I will pass for now........

Thanks,
Dave :wink:

Cholo

Staff member
I bought a LNIB CC for $300 about 8 or so years ago. Saw no need for it and sold it back for the same $ after I shot it a bit. No regrets.

Good call...

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
JMHO,
I see these higher numbered guns going for $500.00 to $550.00
NIB. I have never seen a single or two digit gun up on the block.

That said, If I collected these or needed one for my collection I would
seriously considered jumping on this offering. I would not let a Fifty dollar
bill stand in my way of picking up a TWO digit gun.

Bottom line is that ANY Two digit gun deserves a premium in my book, OM
or NM!!!!
As Coogs and others have said before "It's worth what someone is willing to pay"
:wink: :wink:
Terry

chet15

Hawkeye
I think if a guy had to have a Colorado Centennial, why not go with a two-digit. Seems pretty reasonable to me (especially with the walnut case) when you consider the new 10-shot Single-Six has an MSRP of over $600.
Chet15

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
chet15 said:
I think if a guy had to have a Colorado Centennial, why not go with a two-digit. Seems pretty reasonable to me (especially with the walnut case) when you consider the new 10-shot Single-Six has an MSRP of over $600.
Chet15

PLUS ONE ON THAT LOGIC! :wink: 8) (Kinda like my earlier comment elsewhere regarding values of FT's and three screws in general; they have to be worth more than today's guns.....) :D

radicalrod

Hunter
Dave, I happen to have an extra red box for this gun with the manual sitting on a shelf...let me know if you get the gun and need this....RR.

To ALL-
Does the French-proof marked RCA lettered gun bring any premium over the standard Colorado Centenial?(80 total as I recall)

Bought one years ago from the RCA and have never seen one for sale, nor is it mentioned in the RENE to my knowledge.

thanks

NH rugerman there is one French export marked colorodo US marked centenial here at a local shop with the walnut case for $ 650 been sitting there for over a year with no bites I have # 114 and 115 NIB with shippers Im going to give them to my sons there just dose not seem to be a big following for them I dont know why I think they are pretty cool

GRAMPS

GRAMPS 51 said:
NH rugerman there is one French export marked colorodo US marked centenial here at a local shop with the walnut case for $ 650 been sitting there for over a year with no bites I have # 114 and 115 NIB with shippers Im going to give them to my sons there just dose not seem to be a big following for them I dont know why I think they are pretty cool

GRAMPS

The price seems too high to me for the gun...but what do I know, I would pay it if I "had to have it!" :lol:

Thanks for th info Gramps 51, much appreciated.

regards

chet15

Hawkeye
Nh Rugerman said:
To ALL-
Does the French-proof marked RCA lettered gun bring any premium over the standard Colorado Centenial?(80 total as I recall)

Bought one years ago from the RCA and have never seen one for sale, nor is it mentioned in the RENE to my knowledge.

thanks

Don't forget though, foreign proofed guns were not proofed at Ruger (the reason you won't see any of them listed in the reference). In fact, a lot of the time Ruger even sent them to an exporter who then sent them off to the foreign country where they were proofed. So all foregin proof markings are after-factory (to me, almost like scribing one's soc. sec. number in the side of the frame), but yes we do have an English proofed Bearcat here and I know of several collectors with foreign proofed flattops. Such guns just kind of round out a collection...and hey, they are rare back here in the states!
Chet15

chet15 said:
Nh Rugerman said:
To ALL-

thanks

Don't forget though, foreign proofed guns were not proofed at Ruger (the reason you won't see any of them listed in the reference). In fact, a lot of the time Ruger even sent them to an exporter who then sent them off to the foreign country where they were proofed. So all foregin proof markings are after-factory (to me, almost like scribing one's soc. sec. number in the side of the frame), but yes we do have an English proofed Bearcat here and I know of several collectors with foreign proofed flattops. Such guns just kind of round out a collection...and hey, they are rare back here in the states!
Chet15

Chet-
Thanks for the explanation...when will the next RENE guide be available?

Really looking forward to it...have a great father's day everyone.