2 digit Colorado Centennial Single Six Value??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I've got eight RCC's, but then I was born & raised in Colorado :D

Two are 2-digit guns and I have one valued at $700 and the other valued at $750. Both of those have their cardboard and shippers as well as the pastboard container that the wood case was shipped in. Both are unfired and the one I value higher has the earliest type label on the cardboard box. There were three cardboard box variants, two longer ones with different labels and a shorter one with a fold-over shipper that had a separate slot for the second cylinder - the shippers are all the same length. The early label is all black & white, the later labels have the colored 76 logo.

I have a French proofed gun that I bought just thinking it was a plain RCC until I received it an found it to have the foreign proofs. It has all the trimmings and I value it at $800, but I guess it should really be valued less than the 2-digit guns.

Here are some pics of various packaging:

RCC-cardboard.jpg

RCC-wood.jpg

Here is a double-struck French proof mark to the left of the frame legend:

RCC-76-11094-Frenchie-1.jpg

And here is the roll-die used to mark the RCC barrels:

RCC-rolldie-1.jpg

RCC-rolldie-3.jpg

RCC-rolldie-5.jpg

twogunsg

Bearcat
Heliman,
Just for something to compare. I have been trying to sell my RCC which has the box, cardboard shipper, past board container, walnut case, and all paperwork. The only thing is it is a high serial number but still NIB and a beauty. I have been asking 450.00 plus shipping with no takers as of yet. Just food for thought.
Rugers043.jpg

Rugers044.jpg

Rugers045.jpg

Rugers046.jpg

Rugers042.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Yep....$450 is about shooter price when one considers the funds it would take to build a nice walnut case like that.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Well, if its been fired beyond Ruger's normal testing, that's another matter. As you can see throughout this post, two-digit guns don't get near the interest they should. When we've had two-digit collections here have often found it difficult to even get between current Dealer and Retail for most models. And once its been shot outside the factory????
Chet15