I saw a piece of Ruger Memorbilia yesterday,,,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I had finished a job in a town that has a pawn/gun shop I like to visit. I was studying any & all items that might get my wallet out when I saw a new hard "R" neon sign hanging behind the counter amongst the other stuff.
My first thought was "chinese bootleg" like I saw advertised on sleezbay a few years ago.
However, it appears that Ruger sent this to the dealer due to his volume of Ruger sales.
It wasn't for sale. I'm gonna have to work to get this one.
Next time I'm in there, I'll snag a picture.

98_1LE

Single-Sixer
collectorruger said:
My brothers company makes the signs in Mt. Vernon, Illinois. He designed the sign. They just ordered another bunch of them. At least they are AMERICAN MADE.

LOL, small world. I grew up there (outside of Bluford in the country), even interviewed at Neon Sign in 1989 or so, but ended up moving to the big city.

contender

Ruger Guru
collectorruger; If your brother works for them, and can get a few, it'd probably cost me less than it is to try & get the one I saw! Please ask him for me/us!

98_1LE

Single-Sixer
Good luck getting them to sell a Ruger trademarked item to anyone but Ruger.

I purchased one off eBay from a dealer down south...It is the genuine article as I confirmed it with a connection at the factory, the person I know didn't believe I had a real one until I told him the company name were it was made, etc.. When he told other mgmt, he told me that they were not happy about it, to say the least. I have a picture but cannot post...I got the sign at a great price but now have to build an addition to display it "proper." :lol: :lol:

Here is the picture of the Ruger Neon...I figured it was time to learn how to post pics, I did my avatar, too 8) 8)

Not bad for an old guy! The sign does not look it, but the "Ruger" is as red as the logo in person.

May2011005.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Oh well, I was hoping,, (even though I knew it was a meagerly small hope) to get one.
I guess I'll have to work extra hard at trying to get the one I saw.
Yep, that pic is exactly what I saw.