44 Flattop, sn 8164

Help Support Ruger Forum:

edwardyoung

Single-Sixer
Pics added below

I've ended up with a nearly perfect 44 Flattop, sn 8164. It's got contoured walnut grips. The loading gate is a pleasing plum. I bought it without even seeing it, on the word of a friend of mine. It didn't come with the box and papers, but it's too nice for me to shoot. As I try to decide what to do with it, I thought I'd see if someone here might have one with a consecutive serial number. Giving a collector a consecutive pair would be swell. If I ended up wth a shooter and some cash, that would be swell, too. Thanks

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
edwardyoung said:
I've ended up with a nearly perfect 44 Flattop, sn 8164. It's got contoured walnut grips. The loading gate is a pleasing plum. I bought it without even seeing it, on the word of a friend of mine. It didn't come with the box and papers, but it's too nice for me to shoot. As I try to decide what to do with it, I thought I'd see if someone here might have one with a consecutive serial number. Giving a collector a consecutive pair would be swell. If I ended up wth a shooter and some cash, that would be swell, too. Thanks

Pics of your '58 please...

edwardyoung

Single-Sixer
Here are a few hastily snapped indoor shots. There's no blue wear at the muzzle, just poor pictures.

397265792.jpg

397265794.jpg

397265793.jpg

397265796.jpg

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
edwardyoung said:
Here are a few hastily snapped indoor shots. There's no blue wear at the muzzle, just poor pictures.

Thst is a beauty - no turn line on the cyl and very nice varnished grips!
Mike
ps - if it was me you pm'd I didn't get it.

chet15

Hawkeye
8168 is the closest I have in my notes.
I see your gun is also a Type 2A with the Single-Six type grooves in the front of the base pin.
Chet15

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
UPDATE FROM THE NNW'S.......EDWARD and I worked out a trade. My shooter and respectable funds for his revolver. It now resides here with the Hawkeye Girls and they are in LOVE 8) .(So's this new Owner! :wink:) What a marvelous 44 FT. I would venture and literally guarantee that this fellow is unfired and absdolutely brand new! In the past 40 years i have had some outstanding Rugers, and still do. This is the best of four decades and I sincerely appreciate the communications, "deal", and patience of Mr Young. Frankly, I had to sit down and calm down after opening the well packed box and gently taking this FT out of the folds of it's wrapping, that is how great a Ruger this is.....I had high expectations and Mr. Young vastly exceeded them. It is even better than his superb photos........... My sincere Thanks! MIKE :D :D :D :!:

mike722

Buckeye
I offered the same last week.. My shooter and cash for this gun.. But I was told he was gonna trade with a guy in his town..I guess I got knocked out of the front of the line and didn't even know it... :?

edwardyoung

Single-Sixer
mike722 said:
I offered the same last week.. My shooter and cash for this gun.. But I was told he was gonna trade with a guy in his town..I guess I got knocked out of the front of the line and didn't even know it... :?

I had a couple local deals that crapped out because this gun was worth more than they could swing. I went by the order of offers. I wish I would have had several to offer up.

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I'm one of the local guys he's talking about. I have a feeling I won't forget this "one that got away." I am not a very experienced collector, but hope I'm learning. I get confused when things go way over the RENE price... I guess I need to "pay attention..."