TC Contender Collectors?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I got a TC Contender in a trade New unfired box papers the whole package. although the box is a little ruff and has a stain on it. The Contender is a Super 14 44 mag Armour Alloy. Was wondering the realistic value and if there is any market for these Thanks ps

Dan in MI

Staff member
I haven't run into any hardcore T/C collectors in a while. Hardcore "shoot-lectors" yes, but not collectors.

AA frames and BBLs don't seem to have a big following. I'd do a GB completed auction search.

contender

Ruger Guru
I agree that the AA frames & bbls do not seem to be as popular as the other types of T/C models. It was due to the fact that you could only exchange bbls within the AA finish.
There is a T/C Contender collectors society, and they may be a good place to start.
Mine are all shooters, not collectors.

mattsbox99

Hunter
I had a 30/30 one on loan from a friend but decided I better buy one. I came across a virtually new 14" .223 just a few weeks ago for $360 which I thought was a decent price. I'm in the process of purchasing a EAB .357 Max barrel from RJ556. Too many guns, not enough paydays! :D

I have some plans for the .223 one, its gonna get a suppressor so the barrel is off being threaded now. Its gonna be a dedicated unit since my other one pretty much stays on my Mini 14 and I'd rather not switch them around a lot. Too bad the .223 one didn't come with sights so I haven't been able to shoot it.

Sadly I really don't know much about them, but when I order some Max brass I'll get a book too.