Ruger Factory Shipper Box - worth getting/keeping

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
On new model guns, like the birds head .22 Super Single Six that just came out, is it worth getting the Ruger overpack shipping box from the dealer to keep with the gun.

Looking for the collectors to chine in on this. Just picked up one of the birdshead .22's and an old Mini-14, both with the outer shipper boxes, and wondering if I should dedicate space to hang onto these or not. :?: :?:

Thanks guys!

yes, in fact the shipper will continue to help "protect" the original box by using it,so no matter if the new plastic case or the older carboard boxes, if you can get the "original packing" by all means do it.............we all learned the HARD way...... 8)

stantheman86

Buckeye
I myself am not concerned about boxes, shipping sleeves, etc. I shoot every gun I own, the last brand new Ruger I bought stayed new for all of about 30 minutes, because I got it home and took it right to the backyard and ran 50 rounds through it. I don't buy older, minty collectible guns.

Plus all the new Rugers come in soulless plastic boxes anyway.....

In fact, I passed on an old Bearcat today for $400, it had the box with it and it looked minty........I have seen them in used condition for $200 at gun shows, I would rather have one of them.

street

Hunter
When a box for a 10 in Flattop, that probably cost Bill Ruger 25 cents to buy, went for $2000 on e-bay a while back. When Hawkeye boxes and Lightweight boxes go for over $500. By all means, SAVE EVERYTHING. :!: :!: :!: :idea: :idea: :idea: