Which OTHER 1911 are you getting this year???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Which Maker's 1911 are you gunning for in 2011?

• Kimber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colt/Browning

• Remington

• Smith & Wesson

• Taurus

• Dan Wesson

• Kahr/AutoOrdnance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mohavesam

Hawkeye
OK, so it's the centennial of the 1911. And you're probably eyeballing the Ruger cousin, if you can find one.

What other maker's 1911 pistol are you planning on buying this year, just because...

krw

Blackhawk
You know, I've owned several Colt's. Pre-70 National Matches, Series 70 Gold Cup National Matches, Series 80 Gold Cups. I've owned Commander's in Pre-70 and 70 Series. I have owned several Kimber's, in Series I and Series II. Owned one Wilson Combat, and a plethoria of cheaper, trading auto 45's. But I have never owned one that I thought as much of a Glock 23. Think I'll just pass on a 1911 style auto this yr., and probly next too. :)

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Sgt Garcia said:
The Ruger is ordered and I'm on the hunt for the right Les Baer.

Your poll is rather limited as far as 1911s go.

Dennis.

There's only so many questions on the poll feature!

This poll, BTW, presumes a purchase of Ruger's copy, and wonders which other brand is to be purchased. - just ONE 1911 this centennial year??? Real Browning fans only please!!!
:wink: :wink: 8)

41 nut

Bearcat
Poll needs a catagory for Springfield Armory 1911's. I've been thinking about one but want to see and check out a Ruger before making my mind up about which one to get. Possibly both as I only have a Colt NM series 80 right now.

ranger1

Buckeye
41 nut said:
Poll needs a catagory for Springfield Armory 1911's. I've been thinking about one but want to see and check out a Ruger before making my mind up about which one to get. Possibly both as I only have a Colt NM series 80 right now.

+1

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
krw said:
You know, I've owned several Colt's. Pre-70 National Matches, Series 70 Gold Cup National Matches, Series 80 Gold Cups. I've owned Commander's in Pre-70 and 70 Series. I have owned several Kimber's, in Series I and Series II. Owned one Wilson Combat, and a plethoria of cheaper, trading auto 45's. But I have never owned one that I thought as much of a Glock 23. Think I'll just pass on a 1911 style auto this yr., and probly next too. :)

Don't really care for the square pants Bob design and think them less than pretty. Live in a better section of the world and don't yet need an armorer. The next two pieces will be Ruger 1911's, joining the other 1911's..............

revhigh

Hawkeye
ranger1 said:
41 nut said:

+1

Yup .... the Range Officer is looking mighty good.

REV

stantheman86

Buckeye
I don't buy autochuckers anymore, but I will at some point buy the SR1911 just because it's a Ruger and I need one 8) I am not overly interested in 1911's, my only one right now is a Springfield Armory "GI" I got used years ago because every gun guy needs at least one 1911.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
flatgate said:
I'll stick with the new Ruger.......

:D

flatgate

10X Carl...I "was" idly considering the Rem, but I'm not really a big fan of anything from "big green"... :?

The Ruger? You betcha! Just what I've been waiting for to scratch my son's 1911 itch for his birthday this summer... :wink:

You left off SIG--they make nice 1911s.

I'm gonna be getting my Marine son a .45 to celebrate when he gets back from Crapghanistan but I need to find out if he wants an SA/DA like his M9 or a 1911. If the former, I'll get him a SIG 220 Carry. If the latter, a Ruger.

Does anybody know where the Auto Ordnance .45s are made now? Kahr used to be a Korean-owned company; do they make their .45s here?