Recent Addition To My OM BC4 Collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Today, I purchased a OM Bearcat, s/n 54664, that is a factory "second" with an "S" stamped on the bottom of the cylinder/grip frame ahead of the trigger guard that is noted in Chad's reference, making eleven known now. Overall condition is 90% (+/-) without box or p/w. I got it for $850 plus fees. Photos to follow sometime next month, as I'm on a thirty day CA wait (one handgun a month law) from a previous purchase.

Photos added:
Imag20674.jpg

Imag20676.jpg

Imag20680.jpg

Imag20681.jpg

Imag20679.jpg

Imag20692.jpg

Imag20687.jpg

lmd

radicalrod

Hunter
Dennis now ya just gotta find one with the S in the serial number :lol: :lol: :lol: YEP it never ends.....then one of the all BLUE's....then.....and on and on :shock: :shock: :shock: Did you find all the Alpha's ???? Then D guns both prefix and suffix then consecutive numbers then.......see ya RR.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Atta boy, Chet15, you tell 'em!

Hmm, I remember a huge, wonderful display of Bearcats shown in Tulsa by some guys from Perry.........

:D

flatgate

lovemydals

Buckeye
flatgate,

My 30 days is up on June 15th & then the 10 day cooling off period starts. So, I should have it in hand around June 25th. Of course, this will start another 30 day wait before my next purchase.

radicalrod,

I did complete the Alpha BC4 collection. Just need to make a list of ones to upgrade & find them. Should the other "S" & "D" variations pop up, I will jump on them too!

Oh my, does it ever end? Gosh, I still have a few more 7 1/2" Old Army revolvers to locate.

lmd

chet15

Hawkeye
lovemydals said:
Oh my, does it ever end? Gosh, I still have a few more 7 1/2" Old Army revolvers to locate.

lmd

I know a collector from PA who would love to make you a deal on his Old Army's...PM me if interested. Until Ruger came out with a couple obscure models a couple years ago, he had all the variations (minus the brass frame FFS gun)
Chet15

lovemydals

Buckeye
chet15 said:
lovemydals said:

lmd

I know a collector from PA who would love to make you a deal on his Old Army's...PM me if interested. Until Ruger came out with a couple obscure models a couple years ago, he had all the variations (minus the brass frame FFS gun)
Chet15

Chet15,

What is the "brass frame FFS gun"?

lmd

lovemydals

Buckeye
Thanks Rick!

Won't ask.

Would you consider loaning it out for the Ruger Mania WAC Show in May 2012? It would make a nice addition to my OA display. Of course, I would give you credit.

Dennis C

lovemydals

Buckeye
Flatgate,

I have OA s/n 140-00138 & it too has a flattop front sight blade.

Question, mine too has the XR3-RED gripframe. Were there any OA's with the XR3 gripframe? I have read & re-read the chapter on Blued Old Army's in Chad's Reference of Ruger Firearms & found no mention of the XR3 gripframe. :?

lmd

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Dennis, While on the subject of Old Army's.. I just picked this one up. Serial number 3051. This gun does not have the Liberty roll mark on it :shock: RENE notes 1976 = 2695 to 7790 for liberty's. This gun falls in the middle of the liberty marked guns. RENE notes 1975= 1 to 2694 are non liberty marked :? I sent Chad an email on this gun to see what he may think about it.

oldarmy011.jpg

oldarmy010.jpg

oldarmy009.jpg

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
lovemydals said:
Flatgate,

I have OA s/n 140-00138 & it too has a flattop front sight blade.

Question, mine too has the XR3-RED gripframe. Were there any OA's with the XR3 gripframe? I have read & re-read the chapter on Blued Old Army's in Chad's Reference of Ruger Firearms & found no mention of the XR3 gripframe. :?

lmd

Bever ever an Old Army with a factory installed XR3 grip frame. ...........XR3 GF had come and gone by the time the Old Army came to the market

lovemydals

Buckeye
RPM Enterprises said:
Dennis, While on the subject of Old Army's.. I just picked this one up. Serial number 3051. This gun does not have the Liberty roll mark on it :shock: RENE notes 1976 = 2695 to 7790 for liberty's. This gun falls in the middle of the liberty marked guns. RENE notes 1975= 1 to 2694 are non liberty marked :? I sent Chad an email on this gun to see what he may think about it.

Rick,

Interesting find!

Something esle to look for when shopping for OA's.

Dennis C

PS. I recently acquired a R.C.A. 25th Anniversary OA (KBP-7 s/n 145-90975) with presentation case & factory gray box. Though, no shipping box or certificate of authenticity.

chet15

Hawkeye
RPM Enterprises said:

Looks like 3051 is right there at the cutoff. The highest KBP7 I'd had reported before without Liberty was 2694 and the earliest Liberty marked gun was 2894. So your gun makes a nice little transition between markings.
Reference update noted. Thanks Rick!!
Chad