Price check please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oneshot244rem

Bearcat
I got a phone call from my Aunt...."could you come over and see if your late Uncles guns are worth anything before I take them to a gunshop"?

My Uncle has been passed many years,this is what he had in Rugers...Good Lord. Now I know the pictures suck,best I can do at this time. But,my Uncle was a clean freak and everything had to be perfect.I know he did not shoot hardly at all from what I remember. These 2 Rugers are,well,as close to new as one can get,aside from out of the box in my opinion. I will be placing them in a WTS thread,but I have no idea what they should bring,that is where you come in.
Thank you much.

Ruger Cal 44Mag New Model-Super Black Hawk 82-24608 1977-1978 ?
Ruger 22cal Single Six 373246 1962-1969 ?

Both with excellent condition holsters.

auntshirleysguncollection028.jpg

auntshirleysguncollection027.jpg

auntshirleysguncollection026.jpg

auntshirleysguncollection025.jpg

auntshirleysguncollection024.jpg

auntshirleysguncollection023.jpg

auntshirleysguncollection022.jpg

From, the pictures and your description (less any other exacting info, spare 22 cyl, Magnum marked gun,(though that would be earlier, a bit,yours may be a 1963 gun) etc, boxes or paper work,,,bottom line is they are around $350-400 in value in THIS area and from our past buys and sells,anything "special" markings or interesting serial numbers wold be an exception.conditon is everything,as well as the "entire packaging" adds to the values...last new model Super we sold, in the red/white box was,was just under $400, and we had it for over 2 months.old models sell fairly quickly but againm we've seen sme NICE ones here on the Forum, and they did not go that high,nor have we gotten those prices lately on the "open market"....remember that many gunshops will "buy" at the 60% value noted in the Blue book.......just what we've seen them do for many years.
They are only worth what someone is willing to pay, and you can always come down in price, NOT go up,after the fact...good luck,,wish the picture of the OM was a bit 'clearer' and a bit more info.........
oh, and those holsters around here are in the $15 range, "used"...........

oneshot244rem

Bearcat
I will try to get macro pics up in the next day or 2.My current camera don't have it. These are really nice pieces and the pics are doing absolutely no justice. Thanks for the info.

chet15

Hawkeye
That 6-1/2" Single-Six would be a Type 3 transition (with small serial numbers) if it was shipped as a convertible, so is kind of scarce if it has condition to it.
If it letters as RSSMW Mag. only then you'd really be talking rare.
Chet15

Try taking the pictures with your current camera outside in the shade but with the gun flat aginst a neutral background, like a medium gray felt cloth. That way the camera's auto focus will target the gun and not a far away background. Do not use the zoom and take the camera close enough to fill the frame.
Do any on these guns have the original box or paperwork? Extra cylinders? Post serial numbers for reference.

oneshot244rem

Bearcat
jimbo1096 said:
Try taking the pictures with your current camera outside in the shade but with the gun flat aginst a neutral background, like a medium gray felt cloth. That way the camera's auto focus will target the gun and not a far away background. Do not use the zoom and take the camera close enough to fill the frame.
Do any on these guns have the original box or paperwork? Extra cylinders? Post serial numbers for reference.

Serial #s are in first OP.

americal

Hunter
chet15 said:
That 6-1/2" Single-Six would be a Type 3 transition (with small serial numbers) if it was shipped as a convertible, so is kind of scarce if it has condition to it.
If it letters as RSSMW Mag. only then you'd really be talking rare.
Chet15
A call to Ruger records would be worth it--last # I USED A FEW DAYS AGO---603-865-2424

flatgate

Hawkeye
The NM Super is a "second variation" of the NM's model, i.e. it does NOT have the counterbored chambers of the OM Supers. I had one very similar to the one in the pic and it was a doggone good shootin' .44 mag! :D

flatgate

oneshot244rem

Bearcat
If I would have wiped both Rugers down with gun oil,pre pics,they would shurely float your boat much better.,they are/were in long storage.Thanks a bunch for ALL responses. I will make a final phone call tomorow morning to my Aunt and see if she is ready to move forward and list these 2 items.Thanks again for your candidness and expertise.

Regards,Jody