2011 Puyallup Ruger Show Pictures

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Once again Rugermania was a great success and wish to thank all who participated. A total of 13 Ruger addicts with a total of 17 displays. Awesome job. Here are a few pictures. To get further results please read your future RCA Journal and the RENE news letter.

Skip Warick's display of single sixes 8)
2011RugerShowPuyallup004.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup006.jpg

RENE best gun of show award went to Skip
2011RugerShowPuyallup003.jpg

Jim Warick"s first year displaying
2011RugerShowPuyallup009.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup013.jpg

Sam Johnson and his world famous Bearcat display. Best display and 1st. place novice class :D
2011RugerShowPuyallup027.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup015.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup014.jpg

Terry Tawny with the best double action display I have ever seen.
2011RugerShowPuyallup002.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup020.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup025.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup029.jpg

Mr. Greg Harp aka Rugerboi. A Ruger show is not complete without Greg being there :wink: Greg is very entertaining :lol:
2011RugerShowPuyallup052.jpg

Gregs Number 3's
2011RugerShowPuyallup026.jpg

and Greg's wheel of Single Sixes...
2011RugerShowPuyallup029.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup028.jpg

Next are several displays from the RPM Enterprises collection :shock:

Ruger tools and Sturm books and foxes.
2011RugerShowPuyallup032.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup033.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup035.jpg

Peggy Verzal and her 50 year display holding a Ruger Number 1 50 year gun.
2011RugerShowPuyallup044.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup037.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup039.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup042.jpg

Ruger Golf anyone???? by Rick Verzal

2011RugerShowPuyallup051.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup046.jpg

Rough casting exsperimental heads
2011RugerShowPuyallup047.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup048.jpg

Michael Verzal's Hawkeye display won 1st place in the advanced class.
2011RugerShowPuyallup057.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup056.jpg

Rick Verzal's Taking it to the "MAX" display...

2011RugerShowPuyallup058.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup059.jpg

Shawn Lee's awesome knife display. This takes hours for Shawn to set up :shock:

2011RugerShowPuyallup064.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup063.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup061.jpg

Bert Lee with his Old Army display... 1st. place Intermediate class :)
2011RugerShowPuyallup065.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup067.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup068.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup070.jpg

Another display by Shawn featuring the .44 magnum and some huge elk antlers :shock:
2011RugerShowPuyallup073.jpg

Suzi Stepper and her 32 collection.

2011RugerShowPuyallup076.jpg

A new displayer was Jesse with his single six.
2011RugerShowPuyallup077.jpg

Yet another new member to our group was Carl Edwards aka "Slowpoke"
For a first showing this was awesome. Can't wait to see next years 8)

2011RugerShowPuyallup083.jpg

2011RugerShowPuyallup085.jpg

Glad to see some of our forum members make it to the show. Had a nice chat with BCMike all the way down from Canada.
Again I wish to thank all who made Rugermania 2011 a great success. Further show results will be in the RCA Journal and RENE Red Eagle News Exchange. So if your not a member yet best be getting signed up for your subscription to read all the details....

bigbore45colt

Hunter
WOW!! Great displays! There are some really, really fantastic Rugers and memorabilia on display there. I keep saying this but, one of these years, I've got to make the trek out there and see this in person.

I'm sure the judging wasn't easy.

Congratulations to everyone, and to Rick for setting this up. I can honestly say that I know how big of a job it is!

BB45C

Doc44

Single-Sixer
Great displays, and I am sure a wonderful time was had by all at the show. Congratulations on another success! :) !

Bill

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
It was a great show, and yes, a big thanks to Rick and his family for all the hard work and the encouragement he gave me for my first time! I had alot of fun and learned alot. I also want to thank everyone for the compliments on my first display. It made all the work worth it. Best of all was meeting and talking with everyone who participated, What great people. I also liked how the public attendees would stop and ask/talk about the displays. Gives you a chance to add a new dimension to collecting.
The award dinner was a hoot as well and Rick was very gracious with the freebies and prizes. There were two VERY nice handguns raffled off. Terry won the displayers raffle gun, a 1 of 100 .22 auto which you can have a chance at next year as he so graciuosly donated it back to be raffled again next year.
Sam Johnson who I had the privelege of meeting last year when I bought a gun from him won the other one, a .44 spl blackhawk that was "helped" a little by Doug Turnbull. Sam made quite a haul with his 1st place, best of show, and then the raffle win. Congratulations again Sam!
So overall, it was a great experiance and I hope we do get even more displays next year. I plan on being there!

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
Rick, Peggy, Shawn and all other collectors in the NW, you really did a bang up job on promoting the collecting of Rugers! I am very impressed with the thought given to every display and how your ideas are expressed in some many great looking displays. Like Matt, I hope to some day attend one of your shows and see "the real deal"!
The public should enjoy these displays and hopefully get the idea how much fun it can be to collect our treasured Rugers.
Keep up the good work and my compliments to all of you.
Brass Frame/Lee

contender

Ruger Guru
I too must add my congrats on a FINE job by Rick & Peggy. Plus,, all the displayers are to be congratulated for showing off their goodies. Even the single gun display, EXCELLENT. I keep saying that we need more folks displaying, even if it's only one gun!
Many of us have seen Terry T's fine DA display, and you are telling me he won ANOTHER gun??? He won the Turnbull gun in H'burg last year, and this year in H'burg he won a displayer gun. Now he's won again? I know where my horseshoe went,,,! :D
Lastly, congrats to Michael for his advanced class win,, HOWEVER,, look at the pic of the ammo display. Anybody else notice the typo? :D

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
Oops! Did I forget to mention that it was Terry's wife that pulled his name out of the hat!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey, Terry won a gun.....NO I DON'T BELIEVE IT......maybe we can get him to buy us a group lottery ticket......

I sure like the "RED BARN" theme......great idea.....

All the displays look very good...... GREAT JOB GUYS....see some of you in Tulsa this fall.....RR.

mike722

Buckeye
hey, it wouldn't be a REAL Ruger collecting show if Terry didn't win a gun!!!
next show, i am gonna stand REAL close to him when they draw names..maybe it'll rub off on me!! :lol:

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the great pics. I was dissapointed tp learn that the public aren't allowed to take any but these ones are better than I could have done anyway. I enjoyed meeting you all. Now I just have to figure a way to be able to legally take a display of my stuff down there from Canada for next year...

Mike

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
WoW!!!! :shock: Great stuff as usual. The PNW lacks nothing to any other area for collecting Rugers . :D :D :D Rick & Peggy and all the displayers, Congrats on another great show. I had really hoped to be there this month but just couldn't swing it, next year!!!!

Dan

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D A huge thank you to Peggy and Rick for the great show and all the work they put into getting the WAC show and Ruger people together. Great to meet some new collectors and see some new Rugers hung out there for the folks to see and learn from. And best of all to see the friends from the Washington show again and howdy and talk..Congrats to the winners again!! RB

I am jealous that I couldn't make it this year.........Due to some health issues and family commitments, I was unable to attend. I shall return........next year. Congrats to all the displayers for another great show!