Engraved NM FT 44 with Smooth Ivory Grips (photo added)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Doc44

Single-Sixer
Originally, I had a pair of carved ivories made for this revolver (by Nutmeg Sports in 2006), but since then, I have tried various pairs of imitation ivories and although some looked pretty good, none were as good as the real thing. I sent the revolver and a pair of medallions to Jim Alaimo of Nutmeg Sports last week and I received the gun from him today. I am pleased to say the least!! The ivory grips have a lot of figure and are perfectly fitted.

Photo of right side of the 44 added.

Bill

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Very nice Bill!! I just love that gun. Wish I would have had Ruger do one for me. There can't be too many engraved NM flattops. Those grips
Look even better than the carved ones. Real nice package.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Doc,
You keep making a thief out of me!! Just stole a copy of this one too!!
:D :D Any chance of seeing a picture of the other side???
A truly one of a kind Ruger NM Flat Top!!

There were reportedly (RENE) less than 20 of the NVB34-50 guns
with Level III Western Scroll Coverage by the Ruger Studio.
I have never seen a picture or actual gun though.

Thanks again for sharing.
Terry

Doc44

Single-Sixer
Terry...this may be the only one with gold inlay. I worked with Andrew Whitely of the Ruger Studio and the gold inlay was done according to my instructions.

Bill

Doc44

Single-Sixer
BC Mike...The surface metal is cut and the gold inlaid into it. Paul Lantuch did the work and signed the revolver in front of the trigger guard on the frame.

Sorry that I can't provide a better technical explanation.

Bill

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Doc44 said:
BC Mike...The surface metal is cut and the gold inlaid into it. Paul Lantuch did the work and signed the revolver in front of the trigger guard on the frame.

Sorry that I can't provide a better technical explanation.

Bill

That's about as good an explanation as I can absorb:) Honestly I'm not a big fan of guns fully engraved to the last detail. However that one is very tastefully done and one I would certainly be proud to own. The grips of course really complete the beautiful package.
Mike