Well I sent a letter to Ruger requesting that they look and see if they
had two different ship dates on this gun. Got the letter yesterday! :cry:
Terry

002-39.jpg

033-3.jpg

027-5.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
I'd send Kim a nice letter and include the fact that the "second" shipping of the RSS4, with the "added S", could have been YEARS later than its' initial shipping date. It could have set in a gun shop for quite some time prior to being sold. The owner might have "sat on it" for a while prior to testing and decided to return the gun to Ruger for repair work. Who knows?

I'd certainly try my best to learn the facts.

flatgate

PS One other question to ask. Did the initial invoice list the Single-Six at the standard Distributor price or was it "discounted"? Same question applies if a "second" ship date is found.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Yeah, you never know. I have an S-marked 10/22 checkered International that shipped zero times. Ruger has NO record of it ever existing, just a blank entry. It has a defect in the stock - a small knot that apparently dried up and fell out leaving a hole. Presumably marked as a second and sold to an employee due to what little history I know of it.

americal

Hunter
NICE RSS4X 8) Something going on there--I'd give it another try with Ruger --that S has gotta be right--so difficult to get things figured out with these Rugers--sometimes --but what fun we have :)

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
rugerguy said:
Hey Terry, is that "S" upside down.....?? 8) :wink:

Dan, I think it might be! :wink: :wink:

If I am correct Ruger replaced their cylinder proof stamp from a small "s"
to a large "S" with the SBH cylinders around 1962??? This looks like the same "S" that I have seen pictures of on some of the Light-Weight's in front of the trigger guard and some .44Mag cylinders.

Its a shooter for sure until I find out different, in the mean time I'll try to
put her back together as a package.
Terry

chet15

Hawkeye
As mentioned before, I'm pretty sure Ruger has a second book to list at least some of their "seconds". Maybe if you could get Kim to confirm the gun doesn't appear anywhere in the 2nd book?
Chet15