ruger ssm-6 32 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
The 32's have a following, but to some, they have no interest. I'd say that gun should be in the $400-$450 range.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Is the cylinder frame "Rollmarked" with the SSM Nomenclature?

SSM_marking.jpg

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
The way I read his post is that the box is marked, not the gun. However, if the gun is marked like Flatgates pic, then the price will chance. To a higher number.

Not to hijack a thread but you guys have piqued my interest and it does involve the value of a 32 Mag SSM. It's rollmarked and I have the original grips but no box. So, what are these worth?
DSCN2835.jpg
[/img]

flatgate

Hawkeye
Original examples in pristine condition are considered $500 guns.

They must be in "collector quality" to command such values, as opposed to my shooter....

SSM_marking.jpg

which was "buggered up" like this when I bought it. I appears that a grip frame screw has contacted the cylinder and the previous owner had no concept of how to keep the cylinder latch from scratching a 360° circle around the cylinder.... :roll: , which, by the way, is now fixed so "no ring" will occur. Now I gotta reblue that cylinder :D

JMHO,

flatgate

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I have two purchased in 2010 added to my 32 "SSM" stable. Very faint (no white shine) turn rings and no metal/finish damage. Un-damaged original grips. Paid $310 and $365 with boxes but no extras. They've both seen holster time in the winter hardwoods of Michigan and the Ponderosa pines of Arizona's rim country.

90 gr JHP over 3.5 gr of Titegroup. 3.3 gr for a subsonic load. Pan-fried Squirrel meat & mashed potatoes makes me snooze with a smile.

No collector here, and I don't need a museum. I like shooters 'cause I shoot 'em!

"I got enough pretty paperweights." 8)

flatgate

Hawkeye
mohavesam said:
BTW, short of polishing the latch round, how DOES one prevent the ring on a Single-Six???

I weld up the cylinder latch's leg, increasing it's length a bit. It's tedious work but after a few of them it's not too bad.

ALL my New Model shooters are treated to the modification.... :D

flatgate