I thought we had real RUGER collectors on the RF.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh some of the BIG DOGS here let someone named Julian kick them around last night :lol: :lol: :lol: sure glad I didn't "NEED" this.....I woulda got my but kicked TOO :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=222431032

pix294890981.jpg

Just messing with you guys don't get too upset.....RR.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
RR,
No shame in getting kicked around by someone named "Julian"

How ever if that someone was named "Julianna" well then,,,,,,, :twisted: :D

Serious interest in that offering!!!!
Terry

radicalrod

Hunter
John, I thought you guys DID :lol: :lol: :lol: I kept urging Steve on last night.....it is lots easier to spend other peoples money :D :D :D see ya RR.

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
Radical at last count we only had 40 long frames. To be honest this one didn't look all that great. Steve told me it looked about 96% and I think Steve was being very chartible at 96% :?

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Am I correct in thinking that because it is an early one that it is why it isn't hi-polish? Also, Dougan says the earliest long frame he knows of is #196 but does that one look a bit long to you?

radicalrod

Hunter
I haven't looked at JD's book lately but I do believe there are plenty of LF's below #196.....this one WAS a LF.........and YES the early Supers were DULL finish.....JD's book is awesome but it doesn't always have all the answers or serial numbers :shock: :shock: :shock: heck we are still finding things after over 60 years of looking .....kinda hard to get it all in one book....RR.

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
radicalrod said:
I haven't looked at JD's book lately but I do believe there are plenty of LF's below #196.....this one WAS a LF.........and YES the early Supers were DULL finish.....JD's book is awesome but it doesn't always have all the answers or serial numbers :shock: :shock: :shock: heck we are still finding things after over 60 years of looking .....kinda hard to get it all in one book....RR.

It's really like getting a (relatively) free education here. Last year I wouldn't have noticed a longer frame...'course the unfree part is that last year I didn't have 10 OM Rugers :shock: :shock:

too many "conditions',not that nice of an example to put that much money in it, have to be an AWESOME "pucker factor" involved........ 8)

gotta learn to ONLY buy "issue/problem/project" guns when they are a 'DEAL' or better yet a 'steal'...... :roll:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I think one bidder had the lower numbered consecutive gun and the other bidder may have had the higher numbered consecutive....better than watching TV last night.....RR

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I think one bidder had the lower numbered consecutive gun and the other bidder may have had the higher numbered consecutive....better than watching TV last night.....RR

chet15

Hawkeye
I may be off on this, but the gun in that auction doesn't look like a long frame to me. Every long frame I can remember had a pointed front toe of the grip frame. I know...the description says there's a small C stamped on the backside of each panel, but if anybody knows the buyer of this, might want to see if an actual pair of LF grips or even normal Super Blackhawk grips will fit.
So maybe my identification of a Long frame and short frame is off? I go by the pointed front toe on a LF and a more rounded toe of the SF, like this #171 has. The pics don't seem to show a longer than normal grip S47 frame either, to me anyway.
Just my observations, but would like to confirm either way.
Chet15

Terry T

Buckeye
RR,
Looked broken to me - no way to just pull the trigger to make it work - looks like the double action was boggered up - Otherwise it might have fit into my Unusual Double Action Display / Collection. :shock:
Terry T :D

radicalrod said:

:) :) The book is wrong, some years back when talking to John he said more information has come forth since, I believe #9 is one of the earliest & #2958 is my highest # in Long Frames.
I feel the #171 was a Long Frame but not a Long Frame box it looked like a Standard Mahogany box. :)

chet15

Hawkeye
Early sn's I show as being LF are 4, 9, 18, 20, 29, 31, 33, 40, 41, 43, 50, 59, 80, 81, 86, 88, 90, 100, 111, 131, 138, 148 and so on. 'Course there are quite a few SF's mixed in there as well.
That SN 2 on page 52 and 53 of R.L. Wilson's book also looks like it might be a LF to me (pointed toe at front of GF).
Chet15