Looking For Rugers but Couldn't Pass This Up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deserttrans

Buckeye
Dan Wesson Pistol Pack 15-2V. All accessories and original numbered brown case. ANIB

2435492560080543073S600x600Q85.jpg

very nice, looking at the patch & buckle, that gun is about the same 'era' when we were there (Monson,Ma) training for 'warranty repair' for our shop.....mid 1970's
Never know, look under the grip and on the grip frame 'stud' see if there is a white chalk mark line and a circle with a "D".........seem to recall the guns we helped them build were around the 190,000 range give or take a few thousand...... nice package, you got the "whole enchilada"...........
thanks for the 'reminder', we still have our Dan Wesson 15-2VH6, sold off alll the other barrel shrouds....bad move

deserttrans

Buckeye
No circle D Dan. Although this gun is not far off Ser# wise. 2088XX, I'm thinking late 70's with that number. Glad you enjoyed. It is a very nice revolver.

Ron

Terry T

Buckeye
Very Nice! In my opinion, the lighter barrel is the best version. My first 357mag was (is) a Dan Wesson with the short 2" barrel. It was on sale. I later picked up the light vented 6" barrel for it at a gun show. One of my best shooting revolvers. Bought it around 1980. It will be one of the last to leave the collection.
Terry T

americal

Hunter
TRIPLE NICE :!: I like the grips that are on the gun better 8) than the bigger set --love to see it with that shortest barrel attached. Thanks for showing this set :D

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
deserttrans said:
Dan Wesson Pistol Pack 15-2V. All accessories and original numbered brown case. ANIB

I bought a Dan Wesson heavy vent 8" in 1977 and somehow also wound up with the belt buckle and patch. Went back and got the 2" and 4" Very nice but I had some cylinder gap/spitting issues. I'd love to have the full rig like your's.

Mike

jyo

Single-Sixer
Neat revolver!! I can only hope yours works well---back when I managed a large gunstore, Dan Wesson revolvers were the most warranted guns ever---must have sent back most of the ones we got in. Again, good luck with yours!

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
jyo said:
Neat revolver!! I can only hope yours works well---back when I managed a large gunstore, Dan Wesson revolvers were the most warranted guns ever---must have sent back most of the ones we got in. Again, good luck with yours!

The trick is to get the cylinder gap set just right and not have it shift when tightening down the shroud. I wasn't keen on the short stub that the one piece stock attached to. Maybe my imagination but it seemed the balance was front heavy.
I do love that full package though!
mike