Successful negotiations: 2 Digit Brass Frame Old army

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Found at a small gun show.

Photobucket link below. 10 pics

The round brass disc was around the trigger, guy swears it came that way but he got it from the employee

Complete package but the frame has a few spots of corrosion.

The factory letter is a little blurring but readable, no tripod

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/golferboy426/Old%20Army%20SN%2070/

1303067865.jpg

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Rugerites,
Interesting serial number on this BP. I thought Ruger put a B on the outside shipper to designate a brass frame - guess sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't.

I displayed the Serial Number 70 rifles at the Colorado Gun Collectors Show in 1992 and 1993. Sad to say I could't keep up the payments and had to give them back to the very generous previous owner. The story was that the whole collection was sold at auction in Las Vegas - the long guns when one way and the handguns went another. The 77/22 came back to me in 2000 found at Tulsa. It went to Utah in 2008. The No.1 S22L 7 Mag. had the nicest wood I've ever seen on a No.1. The 44 Carbine was tiger striped head to toe - gorgeous.

Anyway, the serial number caught my eye...

DSCF3994.jpg

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
ENU,
That's high praise coming from THE No.1 collector in the country IMHO. I wish I had a better picture - never thought about it then.

One time I returned to my display to find some nimrod with that No.1 in his hands, action open, showing his buddy the finer points of the rifle. I snatched it out of his hands like Arnold Schwarzenegger and had some heated debate with him for a minute or two. Funny now but it wasn't then!

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
Dang, a few of those look mighty familar :D

That old Army really needs to be with a bunch of the #70 handguns in UT. It's Stainless twin lives here with quite a few other #70 guns

americal

Hunter
OldRugerMan some folks will do :arrow: ANYTHING :shock: :shock: Dale Dalbotten turned around At a Ruger Theme Show and saw a YOUNG boy holding his Consec.seral # 10" 44 Flattops or trying to twirl them --talk about Heart failure :lol: The next time I saw them on display they were Well attached to a back wall :lol:

Latest posts