New Shooting Times issue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Heard a rumor that a new Ruger model is gracing the cover of the newest Shooting Times issue. Anybody seen that yet? I can't say what is supposed to be on the cover yet because don't know if its true or not.
Chet15

yep, sounds like they got a bit "miffed" ( how about PISSED OFF) after it appears "someone" from the factory took a camera phone picture of " the" gun, and it got "blogged" over on one of them "other" gun sites.....

people.............. 8)

alas, wish in was in another caliber...... :(

(already have the same Colt National match gun, out of the box and still shoots near ONE hole groups since 1967)......nothing will replace it..... :wink:

flatgate

Hawkeye
I saw the image. June 2011 issue of Shooting Times. The image appeared as an advertisement for Shooting Times in another magazine, if I have the story correct. The linked image disappeared, however......

Well, the rumor about Ruger producing a John Browning design is quite old.
I'll be glad to see what "shakes out of the bushes"..... :D

flatgate

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
img_0003-tfb.jpg

"Not another, "not another 1911″ comment thread…"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/04/11/the-ruger-1911-photo-leaked/

chet15

Hawkeye
OK, I apologize everybody. I just don't look at the RF semi auto section as there's not much that interests me there..
Chet15

mattsbox99

Hunter
I've also been less than thrilled with Rugers previous centerfire semi autos, but now I'm gonna be right in line when they get one in! I'm stoked!

chet15

Hawkeye
SteveRuger said:
chet15 said:
OK, I apologize everybody. I just don't look at the RF semi auto section as there's not much that interests me there..
Chet15
:roll: :roll: :roll: Chad, I am with you I hardly ever go into the RF semi-auto section either! Can't really say why................ :wink:

Yeah, the semi-auto section has its place, but for me there's too much fluff in there about talking about this ammunition or that ammunition, accessories, how to modify etc. etc. After looking through all that, there are few collector related questions, so I just bypass it.
Oh yes, heard that Ruger will start shipping their guns April 25.
Chet15

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
Gunblast has a write-up about it on their website today.

Good info, thanks! Wish they had a 9mm.

I just saw the Gunblast write up complete with Youtube video. Use Gunblast search and enter ruger 1911 to get to it. Nice!

bigbore45colt

Hunter
It is Dick Metcalf. Got my issue of Shooting Times in today's mail. Haven't read the article yet but just took a quick peak at it.

BB45C