Factory Box Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Kanook

Buckeye
I have always kept my factory boxes for everything I've owned of value. In other words, I have a LOT of boxes. Well, we had a house fire the day before my wifes birthday in Feb.

The fire didn't penetrate the roof but did cause massive smoke damage to everything in the house. All of my firearm boxes now have smoke damage. The insurance needs a dollar figure on the boxes.

They seem to think that a box is a box and just because it is serial numbered to a firearm means nothing to them. But I do have their attention.

Where do I find the value of factory boxes in print to turn into the insurance company for my claim.

PS

Take pictures of everything you own and keep it in your safe.
Second,
You do not have enough fire coverage for everything you own. You may think you do, but I'm pretty sure that you don't. Learn from my misfortune.

As always, thanks for your time in reading this and trying to help

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
Sorry to hear about the fire, Been there done that 2 years ago next month. I lost a few expensive S&W boxes and some Ruger boxes to the fire I had. Red Eagle News Exchange (RENE) has a published price guide which shows values for some of the Old Model boxes, I don't think anyone watches the values of the New Model Boxes, although they definately add value as a complete package. I would go to EBAY and Gunbroker and pull up a search of completed items and see what they sell for.
IMO any boxed gun has a minimum $50 upgrade to a non boxed gun and when it comes to the rarer variations that upgrade can add as much as $1000.
I hope you get what you are looking for and my prayers extend to you and your family.

Dan