Flatbolt shooter, should be fun, Now w/PICS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Elliott

Bearcat
While passing thru the Twin Cities this weekend I stopped at Cabela's in Rogers for quick look. I spotted a flatbolt 77R/RS in 6mm, 70-07xxx. The metal is about 98%, the wood has been bumped around reducing it to about 90% but without any finish "wear". Now, here is the kicker...someone installed a Williams rear sight and an unknown front sight making it an aftermarket "RS". I don't know if it was originally an "R" or an "RS", but I suspect it was an "R". The sight installation was professionally done.
Anyway, for $350 it went home with me. I easily removed the rear sight and plugged the holes. The front sight didn't come off by removing the single visual screw. Maybe there is another screw under the sight blade, which I didn't remove. Do they typically glue on front sights?
It cleaned up very well and the rifling look clean and crisp. I'm looking forward to getting some dies and working up a load. Does any one have a flatbolt "pet load" for the 6mm Remmy?....I hope I found a shooter :D

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Bob Elliott

Bearcat
Yup, another M77 Flatbolt that flat-out shoots. Even in cold, windy conditions this 'new to me' 6mm Remington shot very well.
For $350 I'm a happy rifle owner. :D