.357 Maximum catalogs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
I have been cleaning and sorting some of the piles of Ruger paperwork I have collected over the years and found another copy of a scarce 1983 catalog.

maxi.jpg

I have only seen two like this. I have several others in a display that I have put together. In the display you can see the one pictured above and another next to it for "Export" the second in from the right is the most common and the one on the far right end is very rare as well. Seems to be at least 4 variations of the 1983 catalogs featuring the MAXI.

Boiseshow2011002.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Interesting! I knew of 3 but now here's more to try and stuff into my cranium. The Max is a fantastic cartridge. I'd love to see it make a resurgence in some form or another.

Coogs

Maximum
Cool stuff, I resemble those remarks!!!!!! Do your pics in the Press Kits have the printed model "SRM" crossed out and written in marker "BNM"?? Absolutely neat display, Coogs.

Dan in MI

Staff member
I have one of those (which variant I don't know it is a fold out) and a black catalog of the same vintage. Sorry to say the cover of the max isn't pristine. It sat on the top of my tool box for a long time while I drooled over it dailey.

contender

Ruger Guru
That's one of the variations I'm missing in my catalog collection. And here you go showing off that you have a pair,,,! Sheesh,, make a guy drool Rick! (I think we discussed this a while back. I'm in a need my friend! :D )

AZ Mountain Man

Bearcat
I was an Arizona Ruger Dealer from 1981 - 1994 and I have a BIG box of catalogs, dealer packages, dealer letters, banners, etc. I know in that heap I still have the factory Maximum.announcement letter as well as the discontinuation letter. I also have most of the factory letters on the XGI.

If any of you are interested in this kind of stuff, PM me and I will dig it out and send some photos. I've been saving it for years, but there is a distinct lack of Ruger collectors in my neck of the wood these days.

As an old Ruger collector whose kids aren't interested in anything other than shootin' up all of my ammo, I like to see it go to someone who will appreciate it.

jyo

Single-Sixer
Interesting! Back when I managed a gunstore, in came a NIB .357 Max and I planned on having a custom revolver made in .500 something or the other---this lasted until I bought and shot a FA 454 Casull---plenty enough gun for me! Sold the .357 Max to a collector...