Price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ten22

Single-Sixer
If the serial number is truly 184xxx, it was made in 1968 and it is in the wrong box because a 1103 is a 10/22RB (birch stock carbine). They didn't put birch stocks on them until 1981. Plus the model # would not be on the early boxes.

harms

Bearcat
ruger1022005.jpg

ruger1022001.jpg

ruger1022002.jpg

ruger1022003.jpg

radicalrod

Hunter
WOW, never seen anything like that box before...also why does it have the extra roll mark under the serial number with the VA address...finish looks really textured for that early serial number....maybe a redone re imported gun....just thinking out loud :lol: :lol: :lol: NICE....RR.

harms

Bearcat
I thought maybe an import of some sort as well. Manual is dated 1982. It does have a "heavier" than normal finish. ???

Redstick

Single-Sixer
harms said:
So is it faked or what?

That box label must shore be, 'cause it's "STURM", not "STRUM"...
Alot of people I've talked to over the years have been confused on this. They see it wrong the first time and just always think that's what it is. Everyone always says, "I always thought it was STURM, but yeah, I see...

harms

Bearcat
I took it out of the stock and could not find anymore markings. I guess its a mystery. One thing to add, it is not is a standard carbine box. The box is a little too long for it.

chet15

Hawkeye
Before you say it is fake, you should really call the factory to see what they say for a ship date. Some strange things have happened, Ruger being Ruger, but that would definitely be one of the strangest!
I do know 10/22R #167463U didn't leave the factory until the late '80's or early '90's....and with cleanups going on ?????
Mispelling Sturm as STRUM? Yes, I've even seen the factory do it on some of their paperwork....I'm thinking it was an instruction manual or something.
Chet15

harms

Bearcat
chet15 said:
Before you say it is fake, you should really call the factory to see what they say for a ship date. Some strange things have happened, Ruger being Ruger, but that would definitely be one of the strangest!
I do know 10/22R #167463U didn't leave the factory until the late '80's or early '90's....and with cleanups going on ?????
Mispelling Sturm as STRUM? Yes, I've even seen the factory do it on some of their paperwork....I'm thinking it was an instruction manual or something.
Chet15

Do you have a number I can call? Do I have to purchase a letter or how does this work?
Thanks