Price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
The phone # I have for them is (603) 865-2442. Just ask for records. You may get an answering machine, but just let them know that you would like to get a shipping date on the 10/22 you have, serial number 184624 and have them confirm what model it was shipped as (i.e. 10/22R, 10/22RB etc.). They'll be able to give you a ship date on it and if you request it, will send a letter on company stationary as well...no charge. It might take a little while to get the letter, but would be worth it if you are to find there really is something unusual about the gun.
Just out of curiosity, sprinkle a little lighter fluid on the box label and see what Ruger had written on the underside of the label. The lighter fluid won't hurt the label (don't rub it) and will evaporate completely.

Be sure to let us know what you find out!
Chet15

harms

Bearcat
She said it left in Nov 68 as a standard carbine. I am not sure what any of this means. It is not my gun so I am just going to put in on Gunbroker and get it sold for the guy.
Thanks for all the help

harms

Bearcat
If anyone is interested here it is

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=228562738

chet15

Hawkeye
harms said:
She said it left in Nov 68 as a standard carbine. I am not sure what any of this means. It is not my gun so I am just going to put in on Gunbroker and get it sold for the guy.
Thanks for all the help

Yes, sounds like somebody has done some playing, and is trying to sell it as a factory item.
Still curious what the end of the box says under the label. Just a little lighter fluid will make it all magically appear.
Chet15

harms

Bearcat
I checked around and the nearest lighter fluid is 150 miles. I will check one more place today.