Ruger Haweye 1/3 Scale Collectors Piece

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Gentlemen,
I posted this here because I believe it is a VERY interesting piece
of Ruger & RCA History and one you don't hear much about! So forgive me for the ebay listing!! :wink:
Terry

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ruger-Hawkeye-1-3-Scale-Collectors-Replica-Pistol-/260765110278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb6cfd006

chet15

Hawkeye
radicalrod said:
Hey stamp an 8 next to the 2 and we could get HAWKEYE a birthday present :lol: :lol: :lol: I would kick in a little.....RR.

# 8 may be coming up shortly also, so Splitz could have a matched pair!! :D
Chet15

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
As I noted to Terry when he flaggged this one to me earlier today, I recall Jay Hansen selling one that "had to be delivered to the purchaser in OHIO". Think it was SN 12 and was advertised in the Arms and The Man magazine, perhaps 2003 or '04. I beleive it sold for substancially less than this SN 2 is being offered. Nice piece! Miniatures are very special 8)

OK I don't get it, if RCA specials are considered aftermarket and not really from the Ruger factory, even when Steve & Tom were involved, why isn't this just another low production aftermarket item? Cool sure but a real Ruger item, I think not!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Tom,
Thats why I said Ruger & RCA history!

Lets just say it was #1 presented to WBR. Not factory Ruger wise but still a little bit of history between the two.
JMO
Terry

chet15

Hawkeye
Well, as an RCA item, I'd have to say the minature autos that were done as well as these miniature Hawkeye's are some of the most exquisite pieces ever done. Kucer is also a master of his trade so the name helps as well.
Worth the price? I guess it would all depend on the amount of exposure it gets. Miniature arms collectors pay big bucks for that stuff and they don't have to be company specific.
Chet15

That kinda like saying why some folks ONLY collect the stuff that is actually offered and sold to the "public" and NOT gifts to the company employees??? limited market, not available to the "average collector" so who cares?? If you were or are a Member of the RCA, then by all means it would be collectible to YOU..........all a part of what makes the boat float and the world turn.
Miniatures are indeed in a collecting realm of their own......world wide, and my bet would be there are MORE collectors of them, than Rugers..... :wink:

For that kind of cash....I will take the real thing...or 2 or 3 for that matter! But hey, whatever turns you on....Hope it goes to a happy home, I recall seeing WBR's at the factory, really a beautiful item, but WBR's original full size is still the best IMHO. 8) 8)

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Just a comment on Mr Kucer and miniatures. Mr. Kucer is the best at making these things; they are incredibly detailed. The Miniature Society always displays at the NRA; Mr. Kucer has been there every time I have been. You just would not believe some of the items they have displayed. You can see this at Pittsburgh this month. If you are close enough, you ought to go!!

doccash

Buckeye
Just about the time you think you have heard almost everything,something like this comes along. Makes the Ruger Forum a valuable resourse !!! Dr.C

d findley

Single-Sixer
Miniture arms (especially by noted makers) is very hot item right now. The NRA has set a special catagory for judging minature arms displays at the NRA show. If that Hawkeye is sold, more than likely a non-Ruger guy will be the purchasher.