Speaking of Glock "generations"...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Asking Ruger folks about Glock frame styles or "generations" is like...

I have a G27 here (40 S&W cal, mini-pistol) that sports the finger grooves with 'smooth' finger grooves - eg. no "grid pattern" on the front strap; but has a light grid on the front of the squared trigger guard (which actually is helpful on this little cannon).

It was purchased new during the late spring of 1998, when there was a wait of a few weeks while the factory was filling the FBI orders for the G27, or so my AZ Glock Rep told me (he delivered it to me when the 'wait' was over).
He also told me they referred to the frame style as the "G27-FBI" frame, possibly as a result of the contract requirements. S/N CTV###USG if that helps?

Any comments from this crowd on what "generation" this frame is, if it's unique at all or if it's as common as corn in poo? I just don't keep book on Glocks and always wondered...

Also - anyone know if a 357Sig barrel and spring set will drop right in?

8)

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Sam,

Sounds like a Gen 3. However, because it is smooth between the finger grooves, some call it a Gen 2.5. However, since the sub-compacts came out after the Gen 3 frames were introduced, they are technically a Gen 3.

Don't know anything about the FBI frame business. I have to admit that I've never seen a serial number ending with USG. US was a common suffix, but I haven't heard of USG. Might be something there making it unique. I just don't know and can't help there.

In terms of 357 sig, yes, a 357 sig barrel will drop right in. You don't need a new spring. Make sure, obvioulsy, that you get a sub-compact barrel or the barrel will stick out the end of the frame.

BB45C

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Thx. I don't care about the extra tube sticking out what, an inch at most? Maybe even get that exposed portion ported. Maybe.

I should ask this on a Glock forum, but I'm too lazy/tired/old to sign up on another website today!

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Yes, it would be about an inch.

If you don't care about it sticking out, I have a Lone Wolf 357 sig barrel for the Glock 23. It is brand new, never used. I have $95 in it, so that's what I'd need to get, plus shipping. If you're interested, drop me an email.

BB45C