50th Anniversary .44 flattop - 2006

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
50th Anniversary .44 flattop - 2006

Serial # 870-08063

Used with cylinder turn line. very good condition overall. Is this a desirable addition to my modest .44 collection? Guy wants $675.

Mike

SBH4628

Blackhawk
WOW :shock: That is way high,,,,I didn't give over $450 for any of my three. Which is the max I would pay now. Unless it was a type of gun TA is looking for :wink: 8)

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
SBH4628 said:
WOW :shock: That is way high,,,,I didn't give over $450 for any of my three. Which is the max I would pay now. Unless it was a type of gun TA is looking for :wink: 8)

I agree the price is way high. If you have 3 I'm assuming it would be nice to have in the collection if the price was right?

Like your avatar :wink:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
SBH4628 said:

If you are going to by a 870-0XXXX prefix gun why not buy the matching serial number .357 Mag Anni set? Cost would be $850.00 - $950.00.

Just found it (Prescott variation) yesterday, :D :D 89-047XX NIB.
Are you still looking for one? I might be able to help you out.
Terry

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
T.A. WORKMAN said:
SBH4628 said:

If you are going to by a 870-0XXXX prefix gun why not buy the matching serial number .357 Mag Anni set? Cost would be $850.00 - $950.00.

Just found it (Prescott variation) yesterday, :D :D 89-047XX NIB.
Are you still looking for one? I might be able to help you out.
Terry

Not that simple up here in the great white North :cry:

flatgate

Hawkeye
I have a few of them. Here's the early Blackhawk .357 s/n 636 and it's two newfangled buddies, the 50th Anniv. .357 and the 50th Anniv. .44, both also being s/n 636 guns.....

168996396.jpg

I also have a 50th .44 as a shooter. It's just about ready for a reblue as I've finished all the "homeboy" butchering I can do.......

flatgate

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
flatgate said:
I have a few of them. Here's the early Blackhawk .357 s/n 636 and it's two newfangled buddies, the 50th Anniv. .357 and the 50th Anniv. .44, both also being s/n 636 guns.....

168996396.jpg

I also have a 50th .44 as a shooter. It's just about ready for a reblue as I've finished all the "homeboy" butchering I can do.......

flatgate

The top one is "plum" beautiful! I wonder if it is bad taste to inquire how many Rugers you own? There are at least a dozen of you guys that have been my go to gurus and curiousity gets me wondering .......... :oops:

flatgate

Hawkeye
Hah, hah, hah............ 3 less than Flatgate indeed......... bad math, and poor english...... that word "less" just ain't right........

Now, getting back to the OP.....

50thShooterLR.jpg

This is a "in progress" image. The cylinder in the 50th's image is a OM .44 Flattop cylinder that happened to "function" better than the original, 50th Anniv. cylinder. I've since changed some lockwork parts and reinstalled the original cylinder and now things function "just right". It loads on half cock, the latch drops just ahead of the "bolt cuts" and the trigger is pretty good. The Super Blackhawk grip frame lost its "sharp" trigger guard, as well. Now I need to get some refinishing work done.

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
flatgate said:
Hah, hah, hah............ 3 less than Flatgate indeed......... bad math, and poor english...... that word "less" just ain't right........

Now, getting back to the OP.....

50thShooterLR.jpg

This is a "in progress" image. The cylinder in the 50th's image is a OM .44 Flattop cylinder that happened to "function" better than the original, 50th Anniv. cylinder. I've since changed some lockwork parts and reinstalled the original cylinder and now things function "just right". It loads on half cock, the latch drops just ahead of the "bolt cuts" and the trigger is pretty good. The Super Blackhawk grip frame lost its "sharp" trigger guard, as well. Now I need to get some refinishing work done.

And the hammer?

flatgate

Hawkeye
BC Mike said:
And the hammer?

Standard Bisley sans the "Bisley Hump"........and some welding to accommodate a "half cock notch" and a slimmed down trigger sear...... :roll:

I just can't leave "well enough" alone...... I love tinkering on these things.

flatgate

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
flatgate said:
BC Mike said:
And the hammer?

Standard Bisley sans the "Bisley Hump"........and some welding to accommodate a "half cock notch" and a slimmed down trigger sear...... :roll:

I just can't leave "well enough" alone...... I love tinkering on these things.

flatgate

I'm still working up to taking my well used flatgate apart for practice and a thorough cleaning. I'm up to ten OM's now and I swear I can quit whenever I want. I just don't want...

flatgate

Hawkeye
Oh, yeah, I have one other pair of those 50th Anniv. Flattops......

RC_50thPairLR.jpg

These have an extremely low three digit serial number...... :roll:

flatgate

Ale-8(1)

Hawkeye
I have FEWER than Flatgate and Rod.

Considerably FEWER.

Actually, I think everybody has FEWER than Rod.

My combined envy knows no bounds.

;)

flatgate

Hawkeye
OK, we'll nip this in the bud...... :D

360617795.jpg

Flatgate's 50th Anniv. of the Super Blackhawk Display

364452939.jpg

Some Other Guy's 50th Anniv. of the Super Blackhawk Display!

:shock:

flatgate, ROFLMAO
smiley-laughing001.gif