Once Again While Out & About Today...........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
I found a Old Model .44 Blackhawk Flattop (BHK46), s/n 28588, in a gun shop in Sacramento. It's uncoverted & in pretty good shape. Let me know it you want the shop's contact info.

lmd

lovemydals

Buckeye
Flatgte,

Didn't think to ask the shop owner if I could remove the grips to check the grip frame. The grips seemed to be dull. Maybe oiled? The grip medllions were with silver eagles. I plan to be by this shop on Sat & will look at it closer.

lmd

lovemydals

Buckeye
Badger Matt,

No I don't. I failed to take note of the asking price. When I'm there on Sat, I will get it & update my post. Sorry about that.

lmd

flatgate

Hawkeye
lmd,

What I'm getting at is the fact that there ARE a group of "late" .44 Flattops that were assembled with the late '62 REDESIGNED grip frame and grips.

Here's a consecutively numbered pair of them......

331486214.jpg

.....and I know of another pair that's very similar WRT s/n's and in better condition....

flatgate

Badger Matt

Single-Sixer
Thanks LMD. I've been in CA about 9 months and have yet to buy a gun here...and that's a long time. Might need to remedy that...

Well, as Flatgate says, the fact that those are likely New Model grip panels almost assuredly means the gun has an XR3-RED grip frame . . . unusual and scarce. Serial number range looks good, too.

Worth checking out, I'd say.

:)

lovemydals

Buckeye
Here are the spacifics;

XR3 grip frame, small founders mark "ALCOA", long throw ejector rod housing, flat ejector rod button, loading gate is turning plum, blueing loss in multiple locations (85% plus condition?), scuffs & some scratches.

$549.99 asking price.

lmd

Shall we speculate about "silver eagles" on an XR3 grip frame?

Substituted medallions?

"Blackbirds" with all the black paint gone?

This is not criticism . . . just "collector talk".

:) :) :)