Is this for real?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PurpleFox

Bearcat
There is an auction on Ebay for a box from a Blackhawk that has a bid at $450. Are the boxes themselves actually worth this kind of money to some people (obviously it is to one)?

"Up for your bidding is this Vintage Ruger Black Hawk Box for the 44 Flattop. This is a two-piece box. This is a early box before they started putting barrel length's on the boxes. "

I guess I am just surprised a cardboard box from a gun can hold this sort of value.

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
PurpleFox said:
There is an auction on Ebay for a box from a Blackhawk that has a bid at $450. Are the boxes themselves actually worth this kind of money to some people (obviously it is to one)?

"Up for your bidding is this Vintage Ruger Black Hawk Box for the 44 Flattop. This is a two-piece box. This is a early box before they started putting barrel length's on the boxes. "

I guess I am just surprised a cardboard box from a gun can hold this sort of value.

Some boxes are fairly scarce and therefore collectors may be willing to pay a premium. Without providing a link to view it's difficult to say more than that.
Mike

PurpleFox

Bearcat
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Ruger-Black-Hawk-Box-44-Flattop-/250786676108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a640cfd8c

Thats the link, it is over now. Like I said, I was just surprised boxes could go for that much.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I believe the "no catalog number" .357 Box is also worth a few bucks....

361855986.jpg

Then there's the Mahogony Cases and "White" boxes for the early Super Blackhawks........

The "holy grail" is the "salt cod" box for the earliest Red Eagle .22's....

103218358.jpg

Not mine, but, I've drooled over it....... :D

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, its all about supply and demand. There was a time when there weren't many folks who saved gun boxes at all, so the survival rate on many of Ruger's earliest boxes is really low.
Today though there are collectors who are endeavoring to get their collections as "complete" as possible, which means getting the gun as close to when it left the factory as possible. One rare Ruger box sold for over 2K a few years ago.
Chet15