Red Eagle - first year production

Help Support Ruger Forum:

C6S1C

Bearcat
I was at the Lewiston Maine gun show and spotted a first year Red Eagle - s/n 0417. He had the the whole shooting match....box, oiled paper, manual, etc ). It was out of my price range.....he was asking $1250.00. He didn't have a business card ( so could include his info in the post) but did have a table with a mess of outstanding Ruger examples. His name tage said Bob Raynot. Nice to see a 3 digit on the tables for sale.....I wish I had the $$$ to burn on a 1st year.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Heading to that show tomorrow. Usually it's a sat thing but other plans force me to go Sun. Had my "eyes" there though. Not anything I'd jump on personally but I'll try and get contact info if I can.

chet15

Hawkeye
C6S1C said:
I was at the Lewiston Maine gun show and spotted a first year Red Eagle - s/n 0417. He had the the whole shooting match....box, oiled paper, manual, etc ). It was out of my price range.....he was asking $1250.00. He didn't have a business card ( so could include his info in the post) but did have a table with a mess of outstanding Ruger examples. His name tage said Bob Raynot. Nice to see a 3 digit on the tables for sale.....I wish I had the $$$ to burn on a 1st year.

Hmm...my notes show #0417 as belonging to a long time RENE member and that it also had a salt cod box with it. If it does indeed have a factory salt cod, $1,250 is pretty cheap.
Chet15

BlkHawk73

Hunter
saw the gun but didn't see any box or a mention of it. Same seller, also had a few nice yet pricey .357 3-screw flattops too. Wasn't a dealer I recognize and that's rare at a show up here.

david knutson

Single-Sixer
I know this old fellow and have bought a few guns from him he is very touchy and hard to deal with ! The salt box has a 2xxx in it and I belive it was shiped to the factory for repairs and came back in the salt box...I did end up with a Cal. Freedom and a coupple others from him but you better realy want what he has that salt gun has a 5k price tag on it he no longer has the 0417... and only a coupple others$$$$David

chet15

Hawkeye
I don't worry too much about prices. If somebody wants to pay a higher price than what we normally see for something, then the prices for that variation tend to rise. Can't buy 39 cent gas anymore either.
Am curious to see what happens with 10/22 Mag. prices in the next few months with those 3K-plus and 4K-plus examples sellong on GB recently. Would be hard to believe that one would maintain that kind of price but the world is half-crazy, so....
Chet15