Duplicate SN RSS5X

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
Took the day off to shoot with a buddy. Must have been karma..
RSS5X with box and serial number marked magnum cylinder.. Duplicate serial number gun with the "D" prefix and can pass as unfired!
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Nice gun! And look at that tiny "D". Looks to be the same size "D" as used with the small numbered guns. WMG you seeing this? What is that now, about four different "D" stamps used?
Chet15

Axehandle

Buckeye
Did my best to capture all the characteristics that you Ruger guys might ask about...
My standard "I'm not a collector" isn't looking to good with this newest acquisition...

Axehandle

Buckeye
Does wonders to cultivate a relationship at some of these places. This gun was being held "in back." If I was not a known entity there I'd have never even got to see it. There was a cherry 4 digit 30 carbine BH back there too. If my set was not flush with carbine BHs, including a 4 digit copy, it would have been mine too..

americal

Hunter
AXE--has he showed the one of a kind --auto pistol that was in Bill Ruger's desk :!: with all the paper work--It was a gift to the Big L--from Ruger --FREE no charge---kind of a don't talk about subject matter on the gun :oops:

chet15

Hawkeye
americal said:
AXE--has he showed the one of a kind --auto pistol that was in Bill Ruger's desk :!: with all the paper work--It was a gift to the Big L--from Ruger --FREE no charge---kind of a don't talk about subject matter on the gun :oops:

If this is something that would be of interest to the rest of Ruger Collecting...could sure use some info on that.
Chet15

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
LOOK at all that unsightly lint on this Ruger! :shock: Send it to me immediatly and I will carefully clean it and return it........when it has been tested to the best of my abliity. :p greg

chet15

Hawkeye
weaselmeatgravy said:
chet15 said:
Something like that. Guess they used whatever means was handy - makes you think they had "all hands on deck" to correct a big batch all at once and get 'em moving.

Yeah...that's what I'm thinking also. I can see it now...WBR comes walking through the plant and says "You Sons a you know what...ain't none of you getting paid till this problem gets fixed!!!" The a few more employees go running out the door to the nearest hardware store to grab a couple more "D" stamps. :D
Chet15

Latest posts